2021-22 OUA Hockey Thread

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Schedule should be announced today or next week and how playoffs will be setup.

for playoff seeding:
Games played will be different so winning percentage will decide positioning it sounds like

Still will be 1 game playoff and Nationals will be March 30 - April 3rd

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Per Ben Steiner Twitter -
U SPORTS: The OUA will reschedule some of the cancelled games in hockey, volleyball and basketball. No word on Championship sports. Competition set to resume Feb. 9

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
Rams have managed to stay put together better than most still. What happened to Cramarossa? I thought he would be a good addition but he only suited up a few times at the beginning of the season.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Per Ben Steiner, OUA to play 6-8 regular season games and single knockout playoff rounds. Queens Cup March 26.
Who will be the two teams to come out of the OUA, after all of the player departures?

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Per Ben Steiner, OUA to play 6-8 regular season games and single knockout playoff rounds. Queens Cup March 26.
Who will be the two teams to come out of the OUA, after all of the player departures?
One-game playoff rounds, after some of the best teams had their rosters stripped - right now, I think anywhere from 12-14 teams have a chance to come out of the OUA.
FWIW, The league is still planning on a bronze medal game as well, to determine the third team at nationals.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Why did no one see that at the time? Why did Guelph think they could do that?

I recall a game at UdeM when the scorekeeper came down to the coaches (visitor) room and said that we had the same number for 2 different players.

I recall another rink when the scorekeeper called the ref over on the 1st whistle after the game started to show him a player with the wrong number. He was ejected. The other team said "just change the number", but nope.

Last edited:

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020

Queen's should be the favourite. They lost 5th year guy Graeme Brown to the ECHL and that was it. Ottawa should win the Far East division and they meet in the East Final

Windsor and Ryerson should be the top two teams in the West. They weathered the player purge over the past 7 weeks. Ryerson is pretty deep so losing Peresinni and DiTomaso should't hurt them too bad.

Reactions: AdamMcg83

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Why did no one see that at the time? Why did Guelph think they could do that?

I recall a game at UdeM when the scorekeeper came down to the coaches (visitor) room and said that we had the same number for 2 different players.

I recall another rink when the scorekeeper called the ref over on the 1st whistle after the game started to show him a player with the wrong number. He was ejected. The other team said "just change the number", but nope.
Good question. The OUA allows 21 players to be listed on the game sheet and skate in warmups, but a coach must scratch one player before the game...so the fact that there was an extra skater on the game sheet wouldn't have been out of the ordinary for the officials or timekeepers.
As weird as it is to say, I think a net-extra player is actually easier to go unnoticed than a wrong number or duplicate number - nobody thinks to count the players on the bench or on the game sheet before puck drop.

Reactions: AUS Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad