Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part 3

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Gonna bank on it not being a concussion, he got up fine. I've had my nose broken playing roller hockey at 13-14 or what not and I can't imagine going right back out there with it as bad as Mackinnons looked. Everything is immediately different you have a massive headache, you can't breathe out of your nose, it can even swell a bit and interfere with your sight lines.

Hope he's okay, I don't think it's worth it at all for him to come back out and risk further injury.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Also would be a pain to even get on a flight right now. The pressure on that nose would be pain. Good that it was a home game. Get some rest Nate and come back handsome!

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
His eyes are already bruised in swollen in that picture. Sounds like he left on his own which is good. Just have him come back after the all star break and he should be fine. Swollen, but fine.

f*** that. Get him back into practice today, full contact, and ready for tomorrow's game. No face shield.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Good news indeed. Sounds like no concussion. Hockey guy will just look more like hockey guy on his comeback!

Reactions: missionAvs

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
There's about zero chance this didn't cause at least a minor concussion. There are concussions all the time in women's hockey. Just have to hope it's not a bad one. MacKinnon's head seems pretty resilient. It sucks but some guys obviously are more prone to severe concussion symptoms. Thankfully the impact came though his nose/visor. A great crumple zone to protect the brain?!

Reactions: Alienblood

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
There's about zero chance this didn't cause at least a minor concussion. There are concussions all the time in women's hockey. Just have to hope it's not a bad one. MacKinnon's head seems pretty resilient. It sucks but some guys obviously are more prone to severe concussion symptoms. Thankfully the impact came though his nose/visor. A great crumple zone to protect the brain?!

Women are more susceptible to concussion, it’s part of why they don’t have hitting in their game. Like you said MacK seems to be fairly resilient, so need to speculate he has a concussion till it’s released.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
First four games after the all-star break: TBL, @ DAL, DAL, VGK.

Yeah lets hope Mack is good to go in a few weeks, I'm not too worried about him.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If it's just a broken nose he shouldn't be out long. I mean some players come back and play with a broken nose in the same game

Reactions: Turbonium

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Women are more susceptible to concussion, it’s part of why they don’t have hitting in their game. Like you said MacK seems to be fairly resilient, so need to speculate he has a concussion till it’s released.
I've never thought about that, but it makes sense when you think about how many concussions volleyball players end up with

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 4.51.41 PM.png

It's too bad the stick was in the way there, he would have completely missed his head and not even made contact with him at all if his stick wasn't there /s.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Might as well just keep MacK out until the Tampa game. Then he’ll only miss 3 games and will have plenty of time to recover over the break.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I am not a doctor, but does anyone here know if his surgeon will be able to straighten that nose out or will it be curved to the left just like that in that picture forever?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I am not a doctor, but does anyone here know if his surgeon will be able to straighten that nose out or will it be curved to the left just like that in that picture forever?
I would assume it will be curved unless they do a plastic surgery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad