Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part 3

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
He still considered a rookie next season if he doesn't play until then?

I don't believe so.

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.

19 games last year, 18 games this year

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I would bet money he's shutdown for the rest of the season, playoffs including.

Who knows, hopefully he returns to Denver and the organization at some point this season, even if off ice. If he doesn't, I doubt he returns to Colorado. Even Timmins was in Colorado and around the organization while he recovered.

Reactions: Kaizer

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Is asking about MacDonald worth bumping up this thread and giving people a heart attack?

giphy.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I mean, what does no update on Byram even mean?

Can anyone ask: Where is Bo? What is he doing? And what does it take for him to return to the ice?
I mean, the last I heard is that he and the team agreed it was best for him to go home. Obviously, the team is going to keep him out of the headlines and protect him while he recovers. There is no timeline for recoveries of this nature. They heal when they heal.

Bo knows.

Under-rated post. But while it's not true yet, he'll be the first to know when it is. We'll find out when he takes a pre-game skate.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I mean, the last I heard is that he and the team agreed it was best for him to go home. Obviously, the team is going to keep him out of the headlines and protect him while he recovers. There is no timeline for recoveries of this nature. They heal when they heal.

Under-rated post. But while it's not true yet, he'll be the first to know when it is. We'll find out when he takes a pre-game skate.

:thumbu:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I would be shocked if we see Bo or JMac again this season. We need another dman again and probably need to give Barron some more reps to see if we can use him

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I would be shocked if we see Bo or JMac again this season. We need another dman again and probably need to give Barron some more reps to see if we can use him
That’s what I would do. If Barron is solid you don’t need to make a trade.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If there's no time table on Byram, not sure why the Avs haven't placed him on IR or LTIR. They always seem to be hesitant to put players on IR/LTIR and are missing out on possible cap space, I don't get it.

I don’t think he’s technically injured, so I’m not sure they can actually do that.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
IR/LTIR is retroactive. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped him on it retroactively when they need to.

Not sure why he wouldn't be eligible, he's suffering lingering effects from an injury sustained in an NHL game.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad