Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part 3

pont

Jul 1, 2019
I definitely have new found respect for Darcey. That had to be frustrating as hell for the guy. I take back all the swears I screamed at my TV after bad goals too. :)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm still highly skeptical about the Kuemper injury, mostly because if he truly couldn't see pucks down low, why was he starting in the finals....
But when you think about it it feels like almost every "bad goal" he allowed was a shot on the ground.
Also kinda probably forecasts that a tandem of Francouz and Annunen are not an option for next season if they were willing to play Kuemper over Francouz in that condition. Kuemper is the better goalie of the two with the higher upside but if his vision was that f***ed up I sure as hell would've not put him on the net lol. But I guess it worked out in the end so whatever...

Reactions: MarkT

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm still highly skeptical about the Kuemper injury, mostly because if he truly couldn't see pucks down low, why was he starting in the finals....

But when you think about it it feels like almost every "bad goal" he allowed was a shot on the ground.
Yup that’s where I’m at. They could be saying that to downplay his performance. And if it’s legitimately true there’s no reason he should’ve been starting with the way it clearly affected him.

If we would’ve lost to Tampa and that news came out I’d have been livid.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Yup that’s where I’m at. They could be saying that to downplay his performance. And if it’s legitimately true there’s no reason he should’ve been starting with the way it clearly affected him.

If we would’ve lost to Tampa and that news came out I’d have been livid.

Bednar said he got treatment for the condition. Going to an optometrist 2/3 time a day and that he was recovered.

Sounded like mainly an issue in the St Louis series and Game 1 of the WCF but probably some lingering issues in the SCF.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bednar said he got treatment for the condition. Going to an optometrist 2/3 time a day and that he was recovered.

Sounded like mainly an issue in the St Louis series and Game 1 of the WCF but probably some lingering issues in the SCF.
From how he played it certainly didn’t seem like it was a resolved issue.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Rants had some sort of hand injuries. He wasn’t shooting well and noticed his hands were wrapped while lifting the cup.

I’m sure most guys had something except maybe Sturm, JJ and Newhook who didn’t play a ton

Sturm got hurt in Nashville and then his play was subpar for the rest of the playoffs. I’m sure he was playing hurt

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Agreed. Only injury DK had was hurt feelings and poor confidence secondary to a severe case of suckage.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Listening to the Altitude Bednar interview, he said Helm had a shoulder injury and in the same breath said someone else had an abdominal injury.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Listening to the Altitude Bednar interview, he said Helm had a shoulder injury and in the same breath said someone else had an abdominal injury.
At the 14:55 mark he says, "...we got Helm and, uh... uh... (he can't remember who it is) somebody else, with Abdominal injuries, and Helm has a shoulder injury as well. So, those guys will get checked out to see if they will need surgeries too. We'll have a few guys that are going under the knife here." Then he added, "It's almost easier to list the guys... <who aren't hurt">, but they cut him off mid-sentence and he never went back and finished that statement.

Reactions: MarkT

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
We go 16-0 with a fully healthy DK.

Screenshot_20220629-201844_Instagram.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad