Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part 3

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
How the hell do we have such luck that we had that many players go down with hand injuries, in just the playoffs? Seems insane.

And how does Nuke do that to his foot? Sheesh.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hottest thread all season remains hot. Even after the season is over, this thread gets bumped up. Can't wait for deep offseason

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
How many times did moose drop to his knee on the 1 timer? I also didn't realize how far off Toews fell. I assume it was just TB blocking every other shot and denying space, but those 2 were pretty quiet in this series.

We'll know how beat up this team was soon enough.
G: sternum
Burky: ankle/thumb
Kadri: thumb
Cogs: finger
Val: foot
Landy: knee?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Obviously Burky was playing with a broken ankle because he came out only when he broke his thumb.

I played before with bruises on a foot but never like the bruise Nuke has and certainly not with a broken ankle. And let me tell you it was painful. I can only imagine the pain those guys went through. Warriors!!!

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Doubt we hear exactly what all the Avs injuries are. They never do a year end summary like other teams do.

We know G has a broken sternum. Bura has broken ankle and thumb. Kadri broken hand/thumb. Cogliano broken fingers. Nuke has a broken/sprained/severely bruised foot. Landy's knee hasn't been right for months. Makar has had something bothering him virtually all season.

What else am I missing?

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Doubt we hear exactly what all the Avs injuries are. They never do a year end summary like other teams do.

We know G has a broken sternum. Bura has broken ankle and thumb. Kadri broken hand/thumb. Cogliano broken fingers. Nuke has a broken/sprained/severely bruised foot. Landy's knee hasn't been right for months. Makar has had something bothering him virtually all season.

What else am I missing?
u mean like like how a certain manager and team do...dude painting his team like some hockey martyr's. All teams are hurting at this time of the year, dude made it look like it was only his team hurting and the shit media were very happy to go with that narrative, the f***S

Reactions: Turbonium

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

What else am I missing?

Toews always took maintenance days whenever possible. Think he got hurt early in the playoffs.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

What else am I missing?

Rants had some sort of hand injuries. He wasn’t shooting well and noticed his hands were wrapped while lifting the cup.

I’m sure most guys had something except maybe Sturm, JJ and Newhook who didn’t play a ton

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rants had some sort of hand injuries. He wasn’t shooting well and noticed his hands were wrapped while lifting the cup.

I’m sure most guys had something except maybe Sturm, JJ and Newhook who didn’t play a ton

He actually always wears those. I think I first noticed them a few years ago.

Maybe for friction and to keep his gloves from getting too wet. I used to think they were part of his bottom layer but when he raised the Cup you could see they're actually gloves.

But he definitely wasn't shooting quite as accurate this year as he normally does. His one timer has been much less effective. So wouldn't be surprised if he's played through something this year.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
20220628_192122.jpg

Holy f***ing shit

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I see why he was carted off after the win. Woah.

Injuries happen and lots of people play through them. Hard to ever blame an injury when we had Cogs, Kadri and Nuke playing with broken bones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad