Injury Report: 2021/22 Injury Thread Part 3

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
I see why he was carted off after the win. Woah.

Injuries happen and lots of people play through them. Hard to ever blame an injury when we had Cogs, Kadri and Nuke playing with broken bones.
And Burky that didn't play but probably would have game 7. Has there ever been this many players on one team breaking this many bones in one playoff?

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Soooo how many of the UFAs can we sign, send to surgery/lengthy recovery, and keep for another year?

Markster

Oct 13, 2019

Injuries happen and lots of people play through them. Hard to ever blame an injury when we had Cogs, Kadri and Nuke playing with broken bones.
Add Bura and Girard's sternum and that makes 5 guys (that we know of) with broken bones in 20 games worth of playoffs. Plus Landy, Rants and Toews all clearly dealing with injuries and Kuemper getting a stick in the eye.

Playoff hockey really is a battle of attrition and survival. My hat was already off to these guys so I will add a bow. Freaking WARRIORS.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

And Burky that didn't play but probably would have game 7. Has there ever been this many players on one team breaking this many bones in one playoff?

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Lol!

Bednar just confirms that Darcey couldn’t see. Said looking down he couldn’t track pucks at his feet.

I mean it was obvious but so funny to hear Bednar confirm it.

Bednar is listing all the injuries on Altitude radio. There’s so many we didn’t know about. But didn’t hear it as an excuse.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Lol!

Bednar just confirms that Darcey couldn’t see. Said looking down he couldn’t track pucks at his feet.

I mean it was obvious but so funny to hear Bednar confirm it.
No f***ing way he let Kuemper play if that's true.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
If that is true about Kuemper, that could be career threatening. It sure explains why he was so weak on the low shots.

Bednar said they found the issue but he had to lots of eye exercises to reduce the problem. No idea if it’s 100% now or just good enough.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If that is true about Kuemper, that could be career threatening. It sure explains why he was so weak on the low shots.
Yeah looking back a lot of the weak goals he let in were low... Including the Cirelli 1-1 goal, the Maroon 5-2 goal, the Palat game 5 winner, etc.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Yeah looking back a lot of the weak goals he let in were low... Including the Cirelli 1-1 goal, the Maroon 5-2 goal, the Palat game 5 winner, etc.

It was pretty obvious he couldn’t track or see pucks down low.

The Edmonton goals in Game 1…. He just couldn’t see anything there.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Hard to not give Kuemper a pass after hearing that. But it's still weird that he played the whole St Louis series before pulling himself. Did it get worse?
Yeah I'd say this changes the outlook a bit, and assuming the injury isn't going to be a long-term problem it probably increases the likelihood of the Avs re-signing him.

Gotta wonder what this information will do to his value as an UFA though if he goes that way. Teams might be a bit wary of handing out a big deal to him if there are doubts about whether he'll be able to see properly going forward.

Reactions: flyfysher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad