B-Sens 2021-22 Belleville Senators - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hey guys! Congrats on quite an exciting offseason!

Do you have any idea or assumptions about Rubins role with the Sens?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not sure they have the scoring ?

A good team has Bath, Logan, Norris, Formy, Branny etc .. they have Greig , Soko, Jarvy, JBD, Lodin ? Doesn’t feel the same.

Not as much high end firepower, but definitely a deeper team.

Lodin, Greig, Sokolov, Jarv, Crookshank, Lucchini, Kaestilic and few other signings we made. D depth looks good.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
Angus Crookshank is going to be a fan favorite this year and be a valuable addition to the b-sens season. They have potential to be an upper tier team. Pretty good year for us fans upcoming on all levels of the organization.

Reactions: R We A Team

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
How would you guys rank the B-sens players in terms of scoring for this upcoming season?

Of course, call-ups and injuries are hard/impossible to predict so let's assume they play all season with the B-Sens (except Kelly and Kastelic who I think will be with the Sens all year or almost)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How would you guys rank the B-sens players in terms of scoring for this upcoming season?

Of course, call-ups and injuries are hard/impossible to predict so let's assume they play all season with the B-Sens (except Kelly and Kastelic who I think will be with the Sens all year or almost)
Maybe:

1- Jarventie
2- Lodin
3- Sokolov

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO, Sokolov needs to show progress if he wants a shot at the big show.
He's been one of the top two leading scorers in Belleville for the last two yrs, that used to mean something. Having a top scorer in Belleville fill a role on the bottom six in Ottawa would certainly help secondary scoring.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He's been one of the top two leading scorers in Belleville for the last two yrs, that used to mean something. Having a top scorer in Belleville fill a role on the bottom six in Ottawa would certainly help secondary scoring.
He plays the right side and was still pretty slow last season though when he came up.

I’m not sure how that would translate to plying with Joseph and Pinto, and he doesn’t strike me as a 4th line checker either.

He’ll get some looks, and probably at camp and pre season, but the start to the season has to see the best guys on the ice, and I’m not sure he’s there yet.

Reactions: aragorn

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Interested to see Motte - Kastelic - Crookshank combination in a preseason game. Maybe something for the future.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It looks like Belleville has two preseason games. The first game is on Friday October 7th vs Toronto at 7pm. The Second is on Sunday October 9th vs Laval at 3pm.

The regular season then starts up on Friday October 14th vs Laval and is followed up Saturday October 15th vs Laval as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He plays the right side and was still pretty slow last season though when he came up.

I’m not sure how that would translate to plying with Joseph and Pinto, and he doesn’t strike me as a 4th line checker either.

He’ll get some looks, and probably at camp and pre season, but the start to the season has to see the best guys on the ice, and I’m not sure he’s there yet.
After watching Sokolov the other night do you still think he's a slow skater? He's clearly not Joseph speed, but IMO he's not slow either & seemed to keep up with the pace in the preseason games he has played in so far.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
After watching Sokolov the other night do you still think he's a slow skater? He's clearly not Joseph speed, but IMO he's not slow either & seemed to keep up with the pace in the preseason games he has played in so far.
He’s definitely faster, I agree, and he was obviously a heavy guy when forechecking.

I felt that he was unable to make much happen unfortunately, but you’re right, he seemed able to keep up with the play.

Maybe it’s his brain that needs to catch up to the speed of the NHL now in order to get his offence going?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So, how's the B-Sens roster shaping up? I can think of the following players:

Hawryluk - Greig - Lodin
Jarventie - Kastelic - Sokolov
Crookshank - Lucchini - Chartier
Reinhardt - Daoust - Sabourin
Dal Colle? -

Aspirot - Zaitsev
Heatherington - JBD
Rubins - Thomson
Bernard - Guenette
(that's a lot of D, and I'm probably forgetting a few?)

Sogaard
Mandolese
Bibeau?

Who else am I missing?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Jarventie - Luccinni - Sokolov
Crookshank - Chartier - Hawryluk
Lodin - Greig - McDonald
Reinhardt - Kastelic - Sabourin/Wedman/Daoust

Larsson - JBD
Aspirot - Thomson
Heatherington - Guennette
Rubins - Bernard

Sogaard - Mandolese/Bibeau

Reactions: DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Jarventie - Luccinni - Sokolov
Crookshank - Chartier - Hawryluk
Lodin - Greig - McDonald
Reinhardt - Kastelic - Sabourin/Wedman/Daoust

Larsson - JBD
Aspirot - Thomson
Heatherington - Guennette
Rubins - Bernard

Sogaard - Mandolese/Bibeau
That is excellent if that’s what it ends up being. I’d feel bad for hawryluk if he doesn’t get a bunch of nhl games though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I really find people latch onto first impressions with players. Sokolov's skating took a big stride, I don't see it as an issue anymore. He could stand to add a bit more quickness but he's fine for now. He'll have a big year in Belleville and get some callups for sure

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That is excellent if that’s what it ends up being. I’d feel bad for hawryluk if he doesn’t get a bunch of nhl games though.
It could come down to Brassard versus Hawryluk for that 13th spot. Brassard clearly can help on the PP & he helped both the Oilers & Islanders in the bottom six. At 35 yrs old he would be a 1 yr project to see if he can help & be depth for the org. He's also close friends with Giroux which might help his situation further.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sokolov’s long speed is now fine, its the short area quickness/explosiveness/change of direction that need work.
I think it’s also quickness of decision making. Right now he’s looking like a banger, which is fine if he can be effective while he learns to take the next step.

Mann described him as a guy who needs a while to ‘get’ the next level of play before being able to bring his scoring talents to bare, so that’s likely what we’re seeing when he’s playing against NHL talent.

Whether he gets enough rope, or has that next gear, remains to be seen.

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad