B-Sens 2021-22 Belleville Senators - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
@Yak I agree with you. Something must have happened wth Del Zotto. From what I read he was ok in Columbus last year.

This board would be raving over a player with 26 points in 22 games. Actually including his 10 games with the Sens, he's spot on a ppg player this year.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
@Yak I agree with you. Something must have happened wth Del Zotto. From what I read he was ok in Columbus last year.

This board would be raving over a player with 26 points in 22 games. Actually including his 10 games with the Sens, he's spot on a ppg player this year.

Bang on, his numbers did not justify AHL demotion specially over Mete.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He absolutely did something. The team doesn’t mention his name at all ever. It reads to me like “he’s dead to us”.

There must have been more behind the scenes beyond the idiotic public social media posts, though perhaps it was his response to the team after being talked to about it (pure speculation).

Reactions: Alfie11

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder how EM views his $300? Spent on Pierre#2 and his big $4 million pro eval was to bring in MDZ (if that was his recommendation).

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

We should also keep in mind that the AHL is not the NHL & is filled with younger players who are developing & learning the game. I would expect that a 31 yr old willey coyote NHL vet should be able to do well down there.

He knows how to run a PP, can play on the PK, is a PMD & can put the puck on net with regularity without it being blocked. Not sure what happened between him & management, but it doesn't look like he will ever be back here. He wasn't all that great while here, but it's nice to see him getting his game back & hopefully some team is willing to give us something for him to take that contract off our books.

Reactions: Cosmix

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Mandolese injured replaced in the 3rd, now Jack Dougherty injured

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Mandolese injured replaced in the 3rd, now Jack Dougherty injured

Not sure what happened to Mandolese, but Dougherty blew up Zach Senyshyn with an open ice hit and got jumped by Chris Wagner. Looked like he got injured during the scuffle.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Not sure what happened to Mandolese, but Dougherty blew up Zach Senyshyn with an open ice hit and got jumped by Chris Wagner. Looked like he got injured during the scuffle.

They said Dougherty was back on the bench

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
BSens lead 3-1 halfway thru 3rd

#9 Jake Lucchini (16) ASST: #13 Egor Sokolov (18), #26 Andrew Agozzino (14)

#12 Mark Kastelic (10) ASST: #22 Logan Shaw (11), #23 Cole Reinhardt (12)
Have to say I have really liked how Kastelic has handled this year.

Earned his call up and didn't look out of place, went back down and seemed to keep progressing.

Fast forward a few weeks and he looks even better in the NHL and now goes back down and at least as I casually view it seems like he might have picked up his pace a bit down there. Seems he is going to really push for 4C next season (@aragorn ) and that would be a great thing IMO.

Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
THREE STARS
7793.jpg

1st
Mark Kastelic (#12)
Belleville Senators
G: 1 | A: 1
8592.jpg

2nd
Cole Reinhardt (#23)