NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XV [We got 3-5]

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Why even watch the games right. Quinn 39 goals in his last 40 games. Playing with way worse line mates. What a terrible choice that would be....

Yeah exactly teams with top tier stacked D cores go to the finals. Its happened with the last 4 teams. All debatably had the best D in the NHL Columbus great D core beat Tampa and the Leafs. Sens need another D man that can carry a pairing after Chabot they dont have anyone that projects like that.
The Sens have made you comfortable with mediocrity, Bert. Dream bigger.

Reactions: SensFan1010

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
That's not fair. You could easily say: Why do you want Peter Schaefer when there's a Al MacInnis available? It would be equally untrue.
Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti would all be in the 1 - 3 range in another year, they're that good. Sanderson is outside the top 10 on most scouts lists. He's hasn't shown he's an offensive player. Could we use a guy like him? Sure. Are we drafting for need or BPA? Because there are far surer forwards available with lights out skill.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti would all be in the 1 - 3 range in another year, they're that good. Sanderson is outside the top 10 on most scouts lists. He's hasn't shown he's an offensive player. Could we use a guy like him? Sure. Are we drafting for need or BPA? Because there are far surer forwards available with lights out skill.

The two undersized players with skating issues would never be drafted #1 overall in any draft (other than 1996) ever. Please don't exaggerate.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Yikes, calling Quinn mediocre shows you haven't seen him play.
I love how you guys get triggered by one thing and omit another. Sanderson is a mediocre pick at 5.
As for Quinn, as my buddy Bert was nice enough to point out, he's had one good season with emphasis on the last half. I'd love him mid-first round but we don't pick there.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
The two undersized players with skating issues would never be drafted #1 overall in any draft (other than 1996) ever. Please don't exaggerate.
It's as if I didn't give you group of four guys and a range between 1 - 3

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I love how you guys get triggered by one thing and omit another. Sanderson is a mediocre pick at 5.
As for Quinn, as my buddy Bert was nice enough to point out, he's had one good season with emphasis on the last half. I'd love him mid-first round but we don't pick there.
Quinn was very good with limited opportunities on a stacked 67s team 2 years ago. Last year he improved defensively and scored 52 goals. Sanderson had 20% of Bob MacKenzies scouts put him at 3OA and not one worse than 11OA. He along with about 6 others is a fine pick at 5OA.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
He’ll be long gone by mid first

angrydad

Oct 20, 2011

well in a previous post you called Quinn over Rossi, "gross" and listed points as your reason, so I guess I was going off your previous bashing. As for the only one good season, he was effective in the games if you watched him. They were a team going up for the mem cup and made trades for over-agers (Chiodo, Maksimovic) that pushed him down the depth chart. Rookies have a tough time getting ice time on a team like that. Rossi was ahead of him at the time, but Quinn was still very good in the opportunities that he was given.

I've also never responded or interacted with you before so I don't know what you mean about getting triggered by you. Also its a message board, you interact with people. Great first interaction though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I mean if you ignore all context of Quinn's deployment and the team he played on the previous season thats how one would look at it. Luckily NHL franchises do a deeper dive. As a rookie that had the most depth in the CHL where they traded for two overage wingers that pushed him to the 4th line sure thats how you would look at it. He also scored some unbelievable goals that season, one against London where he walked Boqvist and went end to end. But hey I am sure NHL scouts will just look at stats instead.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I wouldn't go quite that far lol. Thats 5 picks, 2 at least are likely to hit.
I would take Quinn with 5OA if Raymond is gone so I think quite highly of him and I was being slightly Hyperbolic.

Reactions: bert

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
You guys want to take a late bloomer or a shutdown D at number five in this draft, cool. They do not have the same odds as four other guys of becoming best or close to best in this draft. We'll likely be bad next year but there is no guarantee we pick in the top five again for awhile. This is where you build a franchise, with guys who have shown it their whole career, not guys you hope will become the best versions of themselves based on small sample sizes.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Draft predictions:

3 - Byfield
5 - Quinn
28 - Traded with Logan Brown to Columbus for Korpisalo and Boone Jenner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad