Injury Report: 2020-21 Injury Thread

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I dont see how him playing or not playing is related to his future next season in anyway
It's just a hunch more than anything concrete. I look at how they dealt with Ferraro and Karlsson and the differences between them and Labanc when it looks like Labanc will be healthy enough to play before the season is over. It would be a good idea to get him into the lineup if you hadn't already decided his future is not with the team.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
It's just a hunch more than anything concrete. I look at how they dealt with Ferraro and Karlsson and the differences between them and Labanc when it looks like Labanc will be healthy enough to play before the season is over. It would be a good idea to get him into the lineup if you hadn't already decided his future is not with the team.

Well first off, I have no idea what the hell is going on with him so it is weird. Second, yeah I get its your opinion or feeling but they wouldnt hold him out if hes ready because they are going to buy him out and definitely not if they want to trade him

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well first off, I have no idea what the hell is going on with him so it is weird. Second, yeah I get its your opinion or feeling but they wouldnt hold him out if hes ready because they are going to buy him out and definitely not if they want to trade him
They absolutely would hold him out if they're going to buy him out. It's a lot trickier a task to buy out an injured player.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
They absolutely would hold him out if they're going to buy him out. It's a lot trickier a task to buy out an injured player.
If he got so injured that he was unable to be bought out then they could LTIR him which would be far superior to a buyout this next window

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If he got so injured that he was unable to be bought out then they could LTIR him which would be far superior to a buyout this next window
One, you don't need to be LTIR-level of injured to be exempt from being bought out. Two, LTIR wouldn't be far superior when you don't get cap space for it.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010

I have to say, with what we know about concussions these days, I was a little uncomfortable seeing Merkley return to play after the way he went off. Post-concussion symptoms can come up even days later, and with the way he was wobbling and couldn't really even walk off to the dressing room on his own, I mean, that shows that he was concussed, right? And the last thing you want to do then is to risk causing more damage with him taking more hits after returning.

I'm going to be hoping he's fine and able to play on Tuesday, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he can't.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I have to say, with what we know about concussions these days, I was a little uncomfortable seeing Merkley return to play after the way he went off. Post-concussion symptoms can come up even days later, and with the way he was wobbling and couldn't really even walk off to the dressing room on his own, I mean, that shows that he was concussed, right? And the last thing you want to do then is to risk causing more damage with him taking more hits after returning.

I'm going to be hoping he's fine and able to play on Tuesday, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he can't.
Especially given the Sharks dressed 7 D, no need for him to come back into the game.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Have to wonder if they'll keep Hill out of the net so he's "healthy enough" to be bought out this summer. (Or if he'll be pencilled in for trade/AHL duty next seaason)

#WritingOnTheWall (with all the new goalies that have been signed)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad