Injury Report: 2020-21 Injury Thread

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They won't be asking him to have a career year. They're asking him to help along their next goalie which was Hill but is now Kahkonen. That job is still there for Reimer to fill. That worst case scenario only means they let him walk after the season. Getting an asset out of him would be great and likely still on the table. Not much of a difference that I can tell in doing that last week, this offseason, or next deadline. I just think they have decided that they're going to move on from Hill this offseason. And they think that because he hasn't been able to stay healthy and hasn't performed to their expectations.
I don't get that vibe at all, but even if that were true, they're still better off shutting him down and using his last start, a shutout against LA, as a way to say "see what he can do when healthy?". Rushing him out there now at the risk of him not being 100% and then struggling because of it sounds like a bad way to showcase him. Still, I really doubt that after trading a second for him they're not just gonna offload him because he was merely average and had injury issues. If Reimer goes out there next season and can't find the same magic, you can kiss his trade value goodbye at the TDL.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't get that vibe at all, but even if that were true, they're still better off shutting him down and using his last start, a shutout against LA, as a way to say "see what he can do when healthy?". Rushing him out there now at the risk of him not being 100% and then struggling because of it sounds like a bad way to showcase him. Still, I really doubt that after trading a second for him they're not just gonna offload him because he was merely average and had injury issues. If Reimer goes out there next season and can't find the same magic, you can kiss his trade value goodbye at the TDL.
That's why you only do it if he's healthy but if you shut him down for the season, chances are there's no market for him since he's an unproven asset overall at this stage. It'll be a red flag regardless if the Sharks put him on the block either way. I don't think the team cares if they get an asset for Reimer.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Official

Attachments

• 1648924514948.png
    1648924514948.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Haha

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
“…there’s probably a strong possibility…”

More proof he needs to be fired.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

More speculation

Literally no reason to bring Labanc back, you're not going to rebuild value over 2-3 weeks anyway and just risk re-injuring it. So you either sell low on him over the summer or try to put him on a line with Couture/Meier next year and hope he puts up better numbers and boosts his value.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Really wonder what’s going on with Hill. This seems to be more than a physical injury. His absence is similar to DW’s where we’re left in the shadows.

• Wow

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Literally no reason to bring Labanc back, you're not going to rebuild value over 2-3 weeks anyway and just risk re-injuring it. So you either sell low on him over the summer or try to put him on a line with Couture/Meier next year and hope he puts up better numbers and boosts his value.
You may not rebuild value over that time span but it's a start and that's good enough reason for him to come back, imo.

Reactions: DG93

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
you could watch a guy have his leg amputated on the ice and this org would call it a lower body injury with no updated timeline.
I mean yeah, but have they even listed an injury at all? I don’t even think they have mentioned one. Just keep pushing his timeline out. I’ve mentioned this before but I wouldn’t be shocked if he developed something from Covid. Toews was out a whole year after Covid with post viral fatigue. I actually have it and it’s hell. My belief is DW has it. And part of me thinks Hill might to with all the secrecy.

• Wow

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The more I think about the Labanc situation, I think he's done as a Shark. Player wants to play but you're talking about shutting him down just after Ferraro and Karlsson came back early. He's either getting bought out or they have a deal lined up. Tend to believe the former more than the latter.

• Wow
Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

No news.

Re Labanc... he does provide veteran leadership. I just can't see Sharks buying out until Kane arbitration is resolved. Cap is tight regardless

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

No news.

Re Labanc... he does provide veteran leadership. I just can't see Sharks buying out until Kane arbitration is resolved. Cap is tight regardless

The cap being tight is why they'd buy out Labanc. His cap hit is 4.725 mil and they've spent a lot of his healthy time in the bottom six still. You buy him out with the two years remaining and his cap hit goes to a little over 800k the next two seasons. Unless DW can find a trade, which seems doubtful considering they couldn't find anything last year when Labanc was rumored to be on the trading block, that's likely their best option and a big reason why you'd shut him down so that he doesn't get injured again and can't buy him out. He's also going into the more expensive half of his deal which is why it's a huge savings to buy him out. They do have the option of waiting until next year though because the savings are about the same and I don't see a huge need for the cap savings this offseason as much as next.

• Haha

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
The more I think about the Labanc situation, I think he's done as a Shark. Player wants to play but you're talking about shutting him down just after Ferraro and Karlsson came back early. He's either getting bought out or they have a deal lined up. Tend to believe the former more than the latter.

I dont see how him playing or not playing is related to his future next season in anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad