Injury Report: 2020-21 Injury Thread

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
This tweet is weird. Am I to read it as no structural damage only nerve damage? That almost sounds worse.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
At this point why not just LTIR Hill? You have two good goalies still and Saw got better after his early jitters. What’s the rush?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
At this point why not just LTIR Hill? You have two good goalies still and Saw got better after his early jitters. What’s the rush?
LTIR does nothing unless the Sharks are exceeding the cap.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
LTIR does nothing unless the Sharks are exceeding the cap.
It doesn’t but if it’s a constant battle of knowing whether or not he’s ready it makes sense to just shut him down. What are we gonna do, just go with three goalies for the remaining 15-16 games? What’s it going to cost him, 2 maybe 3 starts?

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
It doesn’t but if it’s a constant battle of knowing whether or not he’s ready it makes sense to just shut him down. What are we gonna do, just go with three goalies for the remaining 15-16 games? What’s it going to cost him, 2 maybe 3 starts?
I tend to agree with your point unless the idea here is to show he can play do we move him in the off-season???

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I tend to agree with your point unless the idea here is to show he can play do we move him in the off-season???
Selling low now on a young goalie when you have a vet having a career year with a much greater trade value would be ill-advised. Besides, those 1 or 2 games coming off a long injury don’t really give much info.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I would shut him down too, and after I posted I realized you may have just been talking about IR in general.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I would shut him down too, and after I posted I realized you may have just been talking about IR in general.
LTIR, IR, it was more the sentiment that they should just let him heal without the stress of trying to come back for zero reason. If anything id be giving the Lion’s share of the starts to Khakonen to see what he can handle while also not overdoing Reimer’s usage. He’s closer to the future for the team than Reimer is.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the idea is to move on from Hill, it's a good idea to get him in if he's healthy enough. If they're talking about being competitive next season, he makes the most sense to move on from in the offseason than Reimer. Then when the inevitable disappointment of next season happens, they will rent Reimer out at the deadline.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
If the idea is to move on from Hill, it's a good idea to get him in if he's healthy enough. If they're talking about being competitive next season, he makes the most sense to move on from in the offseason than Reimer. Then when the inevitable disappointment of next season happens, they will rent Reimer out at the deadline.
Unless the team decides to go with a much more manageable goalie split in terms of starts, asking Reimer to have a second career year at 35 is walking on thin ice. I see no reason to move on from Hill, especially if the interest in Reimer’s services remains high as it was the deadline. It would end up being a worst case scenario with James if the team struggles again and he plays like a 35 year old goalie should behind a garbage defense.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Send Hill, Reimer and Kahkonen packing next deadline and roll with Chrona and Gaudreau...Bedard, do you know the way to San Jose?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Unless the team decides to go with a much more manageable goalie split in terms of starts, asking Reimer to have a second career year at 35 is walking on thin ice. I see no reason to move on from Hill, especially if the interest in Reimer’s services remains high as it was the deadline. It would end up being a worst case scenario with James if the team struggles again and he plays like a 35 year old goalie should behind a garbage defense.
They won't be asking him to have a career year. They're asking him to help along their next goalie which was Hill but is now Kahkonen. That job is still there for Reimer to fill. That worst case scenario only means they let him walk after the season. Getting an asset out of him would be great and likely still on the table. Not much of a difference that I can tell in doing that last week, this offseason, or next deadline. I just think they have decided that they're going to move on from Hill this offseason. And they think that because he hasn't been able to stay healthy and hasn't performed to their expectations.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad