Injury Report: 2020-21 Injury Thread

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Is it wrong to doubt Karlsson whenever he talks about his injury status. Also how the hell is Hill's injury serious enough to keep him out for like 4 months and not require surgery.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Is it wrong to doubt Karlsson whenever he talks about his injury status. Also how the hell is Hill's injury serious enough to keep him out for like 4 months and not require surgery.
Karlsson - Yes, it's wrong to doubt it. He played through literally not having a groin for this club.

Hill - Not all injuries require surgery though, and some rehab recovery can take a lot of time. Given the nature of the goaltending position, any injury needs to be 100% before returning. I think Hill came back for a game, and aggravated it again.

Reactions: 209 and Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Karlsson - Yes, it's wrong to doubt it. He played through literally not having a groin for this club.

Hill - Not all injuries require surgery though, and some rehab recovery can take a lot of time. Given the nature of the goaltending position, any injury needs to be 100% before returning. I think Hill came back for a game, and aggravated it again.
So it's not that I doubt that he's injured, I doubt if he's as healthy as he says he is.

Reactions: Alwalys

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Because I personally doubt it’s an actual hockey injury and related to something else regarding post-Covid ala Toews. Similar to my views on DW.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Personally I would rather have EK rest and not play through a minor injury that to play in meaningless games. He is a vet and knows his body and is focused on being better next season.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Personally I would rather have EK rest and not play through a minor injury that to play in meaningless games. He is a vet and knows his body and is focused on being better next season.
Karlsson turned down the invitation due to injury.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Karlsson turned down the invitation due to injury.
I was actually taking about the end of the regular season. I get why Couture got upset with him on the bench because if you are going to play then play hard, but I have no issue with him saying ok I'm going to sit out the rest of the season and rest my body so I can be healthy next season. Honestly I don't think Couture has any issue with it either. I know it isn't popular but I think EK should be captain of this team. This team will only be as successful as he will take them and giving him the responsibility and actually building around your highest paid player is what they should have done when they extended him in the first place. No way Burns should have significantly more minutes than him.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I was actually taking about the end of the regular season. I get why Couture got upset with him on the bench because if you are going to play then play hard, but I have no issue with him saying ok I'm going to sit out the rest of the season and rest my body so I can be healthy next season. Honestly I don't think Couture has any issue with it either. I know it isn't popular but I think EK should be captain of this team. This team will only be as successful as he will take them and giving him the responsibility and actually building around your highest paid player is what they should have done when they extended him in the first place. No way Burns should have significantly more minutes than him.

Kinda hard to play him more than Burns when he breaks down like clockwork every season while Burns is a Wookiee terminator on ice.

Reactions: Alwalys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad