Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 4 | They mostly sign July 1st... Mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
True, although I really liked the idea of Erne-Paq-Perry steamrolling people.

We still need a partner for Hedman and arguably at least one big fish with a voice to kick the butts of our complacent forward group.

I have thought very long and hard about this

The only name I'm willing to throw out is Justin Schultz. JR seems senile enough to possibly do it.

Bare with me I know the guy sucks rocks at defense. But Heddy can probably back him up and Schultz is a solid B+ at shooting and passing from distance. 2x Cup winner, has logged 20+ minutes a night in both runs, I think he can handle it. I don't know what we'd trade but it would cost less than Risto. I don't know what Pitts wants in return but we aren't gonna get anywhere without a guy who can shoot. Sergachev can and will be that guy one day but we need someone who can do it now.

The only other guy who might, might, MIGHT still have something in the tank that we don't know about is Beaulieu. He sometimes has his moments but even then this is a Hail Mary.

And I sincerely doubt it but if we landed Justin Williams I might stroke out.... I doubt he's gonna leave Carolina but he would be every bit as good for our locker room as anyone who ever came before. But he may yet retire too

Reactions: Fabiobest

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Luke Schenn is a bum, so is Rutta. These are the responses that JBB goes with to the team being humiliated?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Welp... they tried I guess..

Perry only gonna get 1.5mil for 1 year. dang, Tampa better have at least offered that to him. I would gladly take that contract

Pavs at 7 mill is too high, only 3 years though..

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So what is the plan with our D?

Who can play where:
1st pairing: L-Hedman, L-McDonagh, (R-Cernak?)
2nd pairing: L-McDonagh, R-Cernak, (R-Sergachev?)
3rd pairing: L/R-Coburn, R-Sergachev, R-Rutta, R-Schenn, L-Gaunce, (R-Foote?), (L-Masin?)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Since we moved out Miller for cap space I wonder what the odds are we re-sign stralman if Points contract isn't too much

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I still feel pretty good. Idk, I guess I didn't care about shaking things up as much as others did. Pavelski would've been cool though, but what are you gonna do.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Not bad deal for schenn, would like to think that we make some more moves today let’s wait and see.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
I just don't see why there has to be a big move after missing on Pavelski. Or at least the "well now what are we going to do with that money" thought process. As far as I can tell, acquiring Pavelski would've required trading Gourde. If there is nobody else worth trading Gourde away for then just keep Gourde.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I just don't see why there has to be a big move after missing on Pavelski. Or at least the "well now what are we going to do with that money" thought process. As far as I can tell, acquiring Pavelski would've required trading Gourde. If there is nobody else worth trading Gourde away for then just keep Gourde.

A lot of people including myself wanted to see gourde traded due to he’s NTC kicking in today. We needed as much money possible for next season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We have enough young guys, and plenty more waiting a shot, don't you think?

We do but I would prefer to target a guy with upside than someone who's best days are most likely behind them. Pavelski also doesn't seem as adjustable to the lineup, he seems like a top 6 or bust guy, he doesn't have the speed or defensive play to make an impact in the bottom 6. Connolly could play a top or middle 6 game. We have prospects waiting for a shot but not a top 6 RW so Connolly would be a place holder for another year or two till they're ready. He would have trade value later if a Raddysh or Stephens take his spot while Pavelski will probably be hard to move.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We do but I would prefer to target a guy with upside than someone who's best days are most likely behind them. Pavelski also doesn't seem as adjustable to the lineup, he seems like a top 6 or bust guy, he doesn't have the speed or defensive play to make an impact in the bottom 6. Connolly could play a top or middle 6 game. We have prospects waiting for a shot but not a top 6 RW so Connolly would be a place holder for another year or two till they're ready. He would have trade value later if a Raddysh or Stephens take his spot while Pavelski will probably be hard to move.
Obviously, I too, obviously, would obvioulsy have obviously liked a, obviously, Connolly return to, obviously Tampa. Obviously.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No Simmonds rumors out there huh. Given the tight ship we run in Tampa this means he’ll be the one we sign.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
One thing for sure, with Yzerman lurking, he might make a big splash again leaving JBB at the alter with crumbs.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Missing Pavelski is one thing (7m is too much) but to also miss on Zuc? He's going to the Wild for 5.8...could have moved Gourde and spent just a little more and gotten a far superior player.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Missing Pavelski is one thing (7m is too much) but to also miss on Zuc? He's going to the Wild for 5.8...could have moved Gourde and spent just a little more and gotten a far superior player.
It is shocking to not sign a Ranger, but Zuccarello's contract is ludicrous.

Not signing Ryan Hartman looks like a kick in the beans. The Wild are probably going to get him too and for less than $2 million/year.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It is shocking to not sign a Ranger, but Zuccarello's contract is ludicrous.

Not signing Ryan Hartman looks like a kick in the beans. The Wild are probably going to get him too and for less than $2 million/year.

Almost Killorn production for half the salary / cap. Dayum.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't think we see any UFA signing outside of Schenn. Mayyyybe a couple of sub $1M guys on two way deals for Syracuse, but that's probably it. Now that Gourde has his NTC, it's going to be really difficult to move any roster player that has enough value to bring in any significant piece.

This is the team we're going into the season with, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad