Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 4 | They mostly sign July 1st... Mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Risto is still out there. I would be ok with Shipping Gourde and our spare first to get it done.

Care to tell me what Ristolainen is gonna do for us? If you want a good defender then telling Gourde to become a defenseman would be more likely to work than Ristolainen learning to play hockey.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

So JBB trades Miller and obviously had a decent amount to allocate to Pavs. What does he do with that money now?

700k for Schenn ain't it.

We would likely have had to trade Gourde to get Pavelski. If we don't make a deal tonight, we probably don't have the money for a decent UFA.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Underwhelmed by JBB so far. Seems scared. The team is on Yzerpilot.

JBB is blah.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Care to tell me what Ristolainen is gonna do for us? If you want a good defender then telling Gourde to become a defenseman would be more likely to work than Ristolainen learning to play hockey.
I'm just throwing out ideas since everyone here thinks that we NEED to make a big move.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What do you think our interest level would be in Valeri Nichushkin? I only ask because before the 2013 draft, Al Murray personally had him rated very highly and raved about him. Obviously that was some time ago and you'd be taking him now for what he is and not how you looked at him 6 years ago, but I am curious.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What do you think our interest level would be in Valeri Nichushkin? I only ask because before the 2013 draft, Al Murray personally had him rated very highly and raved about him. Obviously that was some time ago and you'd be taking him now for what he is and not how you looked at him 6 years ago, but I am curious.
Hopefully zero. Dude is not the answer we need and that would some really bad dumpster diving at that point.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

That is a little over the top. For starters, Risto would have the most points we've had from a RD since Boyle. We also have the luxury of not playing him 25 minutes a night, and partnering him up with someone competent.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I don't see it. He'd have to be effective in a bottom 6 role and he simply wasn't for Dallas.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I know people want to see some BIG names signed but its not the end of the world. I think there is a lot of overreacting going on (understandable), but there is still time for a move to be made.

However, I do think that the team will be fine. The team doesn't need help for the regular season, they need help in the playoffs. If we can't find an addition right now then we'll have to see whats available at the trade deadline.

I'm personally looking forward to see how Foote and Volkov do. I'm expecting both of them to earn a roster spot this year. I'm also excited to see how big of a step forward Cirelli, Joseph, and Cernak take. The same goes for Sergachev, its time to take off those training wheels and man up. I'm all for adding some size and netfront presence with leadership, but if we can't find it now then i'm ok with waiting for the trade deadline. Just my thoughts on the whole situation.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I know people want to see some BIG names signed but its not the end of the world. I think there is a lot of overreacting going on (understandable), but there is still time for a move to be made.

However, I do think that the team will be fine. The team doesn't need help for the regular season, they need help in the playoffs. If we can't find an addition right now then we'll have to see whats available at the trade deadline.

I'm personally looking forward to see how Foote and Volkov do. I'm expecting both of them to earn a roster spot this year. I'm also excited to see how big of a step forward Cirelli, Joseph, and Cernak take. The same goes for Sergachev, its time to take off those training wheels and man up. I'm all for adding some size and netfront presence with leadership, but if we can't find it now then i'm ok with waiting for the trade deadline. Just my thoughts on the whole situation.

This is the scary part. By all accounts so far the front office thinks the team needs a lot more leadership. However, they need leadership that can produce in order to have that voice.

That is a BIG problem...

So the question remains: who is that guy that can produce at a high level that is also a veteran leader? Pavs was that guy. Is there an FA in that mold or someone available by trade?

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

Yeah but like we’ve seen before, trade deadline deals rarely pay off for the cup. Plus it messes with team chemistry right before the playoff run. Would much rather improve during the offseason & have a chance to gel during the season.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yeah but like we’ve seen before, trade deadline deals rarely pay off for the cup. Plus it messes with team chemistry right before the playoff run. Would much rather improve during the offseason & have a chance to gel during the season.
I think thats usually the case with "big name" guys that are supposed to have a big impact. I think we would be looking at a bottom six guy with size.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

This is the scary part. By all accounts so far the front office thinks the team needs a lot more leadership. However, they need leadership that can produce in order to have that voice.

That is a BIG problem...

So the question remains: who is that guy that can produce at a high level that is also a veteran leader? Pavs was that guy. Is there an FA in that mold or someone available by trade?

It might just be that a player like that just isn't available right now. At least not one that this team can afford at the moment.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wish we didn't waste our time on Pavelski and went after Connolly or Panik. Younger, faster, more physical and in the case of Connolly Cup experience.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Wish we didn't waste our time on Pavelski and went after Connolly or Panik. Younger, faster, more physical and in the case of Connolly Cup experience.
You're not paying attention to what they think they need: top end, veteran leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad