Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 4 | They mostly sign July 1st... Mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I think even worse than watching us bring in nobody to help, is going to be seeing all the coping mechanism posts about how we won 62 games last year and didn't really need to add much. I can tell you right now our FO and coaching staff is going to mention it more than a few times when asked why a historical collapse led to no significant changes.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get why (apparently) we didn't even kick tires on Lee.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We would match it, but Point also knows what Tampa is going to offer him. A team would have to offer him enough to beat the tax advantage and the possible 8th year. It doesn't make sense for Point to sign a 7x10.5 in MTL if he can sign an 8x8.5 in TB.

The extra year alone would beat the 7x10.5

A team would have to get into 4 1st round pick territory before Point would sign, IMO. And then we should let him go.

It makes sense if he knows we're going to match. I don't think there's a question we would match 10.5.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We don't have the money for Vasy. I think we'll resign Girardi, believe it or not.

We aren't letting Vasy go, so we need to get out in front of that now. He just won the Vezina, there is literally zero reason to wait to sign him. He's signing tomorrow, book it

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think even worse than watching us bring in nobody to help, is going to be seeing all the coping mechanism posts about how we won 62 games last year and didn't really need to add much. I can tell you right now our FO and coaching staff is going to mention it more than a few times when asked why a historical collapse led to no significant changes.
1000% ^

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
JBB doesn’t have the balls to make any moves. I think he’s too scared to mess with what he thinks is a good thing. He pretty much doesn’t want to screw with what Yzerman did. This team needs playoff performers imo.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Ferland is supposedly looking for 7M. Hard pass.

Simmonds would have been a nice add, but we have a big gap in the top 6 on the wing after moving Miller. I highly doubt we do anything besides minor depth fill ins, but if we were to do something, we'd need a top 6 scoring winger that can knock Palat out of the top 6.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Ferland is supposedly looking for 7M. Hard pass.

Simmonds would have been a nice add, but we have a big gap in the top 6 on the wing after moving Miller. I highly doubt we do anything besides minor depth fill ins, but if we were to do something, we'd need a top 6 scoring winger that can knock Palat out of the top 6.
Pavelski got 7. Duchene apparently is getting 8. How is Ferland gonna get 7?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
@Brayden Point

giphy.gif

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
JBB doesn’t have the balls to make any moves. I think he’s too scared to mess with what he thinks is a good thing. He pretty much doesn’t want to screw with what Yzerman did. This team needs playoff performers imo.
He traded JT Miller and tried to get Pavelski. If free agents don't want to sign here then theres nothing he can really do.

Reactions: RegularSznAllStars

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
He traded JT Miller and tried to get Pavelski. If free agents don't want to sign here then theres nothing he can really do.
So what's he gonna do to replace Miller now?

Obviously they had SOME money allocated to Pavs?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

So JBB trades Miller and obviously had a decent amount to allocate to Pavs. What does he do with that money now?

700k for Schenn ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad