Speculation: 2019 Off-Season Thread - Part 4 | They mostly sign July 1st... Mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Here's what we do:

Get historically embarrassed in the playoffs.

Let go of: Miller, Cally, Stralman, Girardi

Resign: Coburn, Rutta and Point

Go dumpster diving for plugs.

Go get em in 2019-20!!!!

aQggtkZ.gif

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So Holy Shit, Bobrovsky is going to Florida for 70 million until he's close to 38 years old.

We need to make sure Vasy is signed tomorrow, because he's going to cost 12M at this rate.

Reactions: DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
If Gourde is still on the roster in 3 hours, we can expect a quiet day tomorrow.

Not if someone puts up an offer sheet for Point AFTER all the big UFA's are gone.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal offer sheets Point. I really wouldn't. We have a history, we don't necessarily like each other, they've been looking for a 1C and they don't mind small skilled forwards.

If im bergevin, im cutthroat and he's the guy I throw an offer sheet. LaBanc, Meier, Marner, meh, maybe not. Point, yeah I can see that. They may be tired of trying for a 1C with Price still in his prime.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal offer sheets Point. I really wouldn't. We have a history, we don't necessarily like each other, they've been looking for a 1C and they don't mind small skilled forwards.

If im bergevin, im cutthroat and he's the guy I throw an offer sheet. LaBanc, Meier, Marner, meh, maybe not. Point, yeah I can see that. They may be tired of trying for a 1C with Price still in his prime.
Could be Aho too.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Sportsnet saying Perry is going to sign with Edmonton.

We standing pat bois.

Edit: Correction. We're signing Luke Schenn. Lul.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Wouldn't Point actually have to SIGN an offer sheet for anything to happen??

We're not going to pay him more than Stammer or Kuch so if they offer 7 x$10.5 million AAV, he'll sign it to become one of the highest paid players. No way we'd match that offer.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Reactions: DaBolts

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
We're not going to pay him more than Stammer or Kuch so if they offer 7 x$10.5 million AAV, he'll sign it to become one of the highest paid players. No way we'd match that offer.
We would match it, but Point also knows what Tampa is going to offer him. A team would have to offer him enough to beat the tax advantage and the possible 8th year. It doesn't make sense for Point to sign a 7x10.5 in MTL if he can sign an 8x8.5 in TB.

The extra year alone would beat the 7x10.5

A team would have to get into 4 1st round pick territory before Point would sign, IMO. And then we should let him go.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I mean, ultimately I don't think Perry has much left and paying Pavelski $7M until he's 38 isn't the greatest idea, especially for this team, but man. I just do not understand the mindset behind "We just had a bad stretch of hockey" when you're coming off one of the biggest chokes in sports history.

I'm right there with you. It's obviously a coaching issue and the players needed shaking up. Getting rid of old vets and bringing in older ones makes no sense at all.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
We would match it, but Point also knows what Tampa is going to offer him. A team would have to offer him enough to beat the tax advantage and the possible 8th year. It doesn't make sense for Point to sign a 7x10.5 in MTL if he can sign an 8x8.5 in TB.

I hope you're right, but JBB is the wild card this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad