NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seider was the best D for Germany against the States in the World Chamionship's exhibition today.

Barring anyone falling he's my pick, though I highly, highly doubt he will be there at 17-19, wherever our pick ends up.

If you figure that

Hughes Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, Dach, Podkolzin, Krebs, Cozens, Caufield, Newhook, Zegras, Boldy, Kaliyev (13 forwards) picks will go ahead of 18

That would leave York, Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, Harley, Heinola, Bjornfot, Robertson (8 D) as well as at least a couple of Lavoie, Afanasyev, Brink , Poulin ranked and available from 13-19 and beyond.

I personally have them (based on where they seem to be getting ranked)
Broberg - gone
Soderstrom - gone RD
York - gone PMD USNTDP
Lavoie - gone
#18 Seider
#19 Harley

If Brink or Afanasyev or Poulin or Tomasino or Suzuki or someone else can sneak into that 13-18 range we could have a shot.. Then again its quite likely some team will covet that big 2 way RD that looks like a keeper earlier than what the rankings floating around are.

I hope Seider is there for us . He'd be a great pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If you figure that

Hughes Kakko, Byram, Turcotte, Dach, Podkolzin, Krebs, Cozens, Caufield, Newhook, Zegras, Boldy, Kaliyev (13 forwards) picks will go ahead of 18

That would leave York, Soderstrom, Broberg, Seider, Harley, Heinola, Bjornfot, Robertson (8 D) as well as at least a couple of Lavoie, Afanasyev, Brink , Poulin ranked and available from 13-19 and beyond.

Broberg - gone
Soderstrom - gone RD
York - gone PMD USNTDP
Lavoie - gone
#18 Seider
#19 Harley

If Brink or Afanasyev or Poulin or Tomasino or Suzuki or someone else can sneak into that 13-18 range we could have a shot.. Then again its quite likely some team will covet that big 2 way RD that looks like a keeper earlier than what the rankings floating around are.

I, own opinion of course, have Seider as the clear #2D after Byram, and have him ~10th overall.

We'll get a good player regardless.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I, own opinion of course, have Seider as the clear #2D after Byram, and have him ~10th overall.

We'll get a good player regardless.
Yah well you could very well be right on that. In which case.. we would have to hope someone else slips maybe Soderstrom

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If you figure that

Broberg - gone
Soderstrom - gone RD
York - gone PMD USNTDP
Lavoie - gone
#18 Seider
#19 Harley

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Kaliyev and Lavoie available at our spot. They are both immensely talented players with some red flags around character/work ethic. These types of players sometimes fall, and if there ends up being a run on defencemen in the teens they could be the ones to slip.

Th top-12 seems mostly set in stone at this point, so it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out after that.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
From what I've heard from someone with "some" knowledge of Seider's situation I wouldn't expect him to be available come the Sens pick barring a trade up
I'd trade up to get that kid. Florida is probably the target, do you think he gets taken before 13?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Two Draft Scenarios:
1. Offensive Scenario
19th - Raphael Lavoie RW/C
32nd - Brett Leason RW
44th - John Beecher C/LW
82nd - Josh Williams RW
94th - Martin Hugo Has RD

Norris - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Lavoie (2019 draft)
Formenton - Chlapik - Leason (2019 draft)
Paul - Beecher (2019 draft) - Williams (2019 draft)

Chabot - Wolanin
Brannstrom - Jaros
Harpur - Has

2. Defensive Scenario:
19th - Moritz Seider RD
32nd - Brett Leason RW
44th - Kaden Korczak RD
82nd - Josh Williams RW
94th - Ethan Keppen LW

Tkachuk - White - Byfield (2020 draft)
Keppen (2019 draft) - Paul - Williams (2019 draft)

Chabot - Seider (2019 draft)
Brannstrom - Korczak (2019 draft)
Wolanin - Jaros

I prefer the Defensive Senario #2 to fill the org need first & look to draft for skill in 2020, depending on where they finish next season.

This site has Ott taking Moritz Seider RD at 19th OA & they have Leason ranked 33rd one pick after Ott. Nice thing about these two, they would both be able to go directly to the AHL Belleville Sens for next season.

2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

Last edited:

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Two Draft Scenarios:
1. Offensive Scenario
19th - Raphael Lavoie RW/C
32nd - Brett Leason RW
44th - John Beecher C/LW
82nd - Josh Williams RW
94th - Martin Hugo Has RD

Tkachuk - White - Lavoie (2019 draft)
Paul - Beecher (2019 draft) - Williams (2019 draft)

Chabot - Wolanin
Brannstrom - Jaros
Harpur - Has

2. Defensive Scenario:
19th - Moritz Seider RD
32nd - Brett Leason RW
44th - Kaden Korczak RD
82nd - Josh Williams RW
94th - Ethan Keppen LW

Tkachuk - White - Byfield (2020 draft)
Keppen (2019 draft) - Paul - Williams (2019 draft)

Chabot - Seider (2019 draft)
Brannstrom - Korczak (2019 draft)
Wolanin - Jaros

I prefer the Defensive Senario #2 to fill the org need first & look to draft for skill in 2020, depending on where they finish next season.

This site has Ott taking Moritz Seider RD at 19th OA & they have Leason ranked 33rd one pick after Ott. Nice thing about these two, they would both be able to go directly to the AHL Belleville Sens for next season.

2019 NHL Mock Draft - NHL - DraftSite.com

I much prefer your 2nd mock draft over the 1st. With that draft and 2020, Sens should be stacked for YEARS OF UNPARALLELED SUCCESS.

Reactions: aragorn

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
In general, there seems to be a lot of variety in where guys outside the top5 even are rated. Can't remember seeing so much fluctuation between different rankings than this season.

Brink dropping puts him towards the 2nd, he's generally ranked lower than 18.

Kaliyev dropping puts him in the 20's, he's generally a 12-20 guy.

The D that may be available there in Heinola/Harley/Seider would be the better guys imo, disregarding need completely.
Dropping to ~18 from 12 given the guys who would have to be taken above him would be pretty significant in my opinion. I'm of the opinion he should be drafted late in the top10 or just after. Premium on guys who can score goals in a variety of ways. I've seen Brink get rated all over the place - mostly due to his skating but I think him ending up in the mid/late first round should be considered a drop given his talent level - I'd have him as a top15 pick for similar reasons to Kaliyev. I guess drop isn't the best word here more of my personal rankings compared to general consensus.
I don't think its a reach at that part of the draft necessarily. I think Seider could still be there, possibly Soderstrom will drop a little for RD.. for LD .. Heinola, Bjornfot, Robertson, maybe Harley would be there. So depends on how the Sens have them ranked. Afanasyev at forward would be another good choice around there. I suspect Lavoie will be gone.
I like Afanasyev but I would rather have Dorofyev before him between the two. I suspect Lavoie will be gone as well, but I also kind of think that's a bait pick for anyone who takes him in the top20.

Harley will probably be there I think, don't think teams have caught up to the general consensus online about his ability but he would be for sure worth the pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
In general, there seems to be a lot of variety in where guys outside the top5 even are rated. Can't remember seeing so much fluctuation between different rankings than this season.

Dropping to ~18 from 12 given the guys who would have to be taken above him would be pretty significant in my opinion. I'm of the opinion he should be drafted late in the top10 or just after. Premium on guys who can score goals in a variety of ways. I've seen Brink get rated all over the place - mostly due to his skating but I think him ending up in the mid/late first round should be considered a drop given his talent level - I'd have him as a top15 pick for similar reasons to Kaliyev. I guess drop isn't the best word here more of my personal rankings compared to general consensus.

I like Afanasyev but I would rather have Dorofyev before him between the two. I suspect Lavoie will be gone as well, but I also kind of think that's a bait pick for anyone who takes him in the top20.

Harley will probably be there I think, don't think teams have caught up to the general consensus online about his ability but he would be for sure worth the pick.

Yah I just pretty much eliminate Russians playing in Russia from the Sens field of vision

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
My ideal scenario:

19 - Moritz Seider
32 - Jamieson Rees
44 - Lassi Thomson
82 - Rhett Pitlick
94 - Ethan Keppen
125 - Graeme Clarke

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I've got no problem with any of those guys rankings, though I'd have Afansyev higher for sure.

I gave some more thought to it and the rankings seem more reasonable to me now. Grewe, Rees, Afanasyev and Tracey have been rated in the second round or lower before so it isn't too surprising to see them there. Pelletier, Leason, Poulin and Suzuki are the only fallers and I can see a rationale for each to fall. Pelletier is slightly undersized and has been playing injured since March, the drop in performance due to the injury created the opening for other players to step up. Leason is a third year eligible and has seen a drop in production towards the end of the season so it makes sense for him to fall. Poulin needs to improve his acceleration and was given a small role in the IIHF tournament so other players got more of an opportunity to shine. I haven't found Suzuki to be that compelling of a pick so it isn't surprising to seem him drop.

I would be happy to see the majority of them in the second round as that would give the Sens some nice options.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
at 18/19 I'd like in order
Soderstrom
Seider
Lavoie
Brink
Afanasyev
-----------------------
At 32 I'd like in order
Leason
Rees
Poulin
Tracy
Thomson

At 44 I'd like in order
Korczak
Beecher
Puistola
Pelletier
Vlasic

At 84 or the Pens pick in the 3rd round -- all RHDs
Billy Constantinou
Jordan Spence
Case McCarthy
Ronnie Attard
William Francis

Edit: I reserve the right to change my mind on everything in this post :laugh:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Karl Henriksson looked good in the IIHF tournament. He could be another good mid round pick.

Reactions: jehkob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad