NHL Entry Draft 2019 Entry Draft Discussion (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm failing to get excited for this draft because of all the other bull**** that surrounds the team. It's like it doesn't even matter.

iu

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
"The Ottawa Senators have the No. 19 pick as part of the Matt Duchene trade with Columbus, where Button has them adding centre Connor McMichael. The Ajax, Ont., native had 36 goals and 36 assists in 72 games for the OHL’s London Knights this season."

https://www.tsn.ca/podkolzin-plummets-in-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-3-0-1.1296254

Saw @Sens of Anarchy post this on the prospect board.

I don't follow Junior that closely, so I do not have an informed opinion on this other than saying I'm hyped for how ridiculous his name is.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
"The Ottawa Senators have the No. 19 pick as part of the Matt Duchene trade with Columbus, where Button has them adding centre Connor McMichael. The Ajax, Ont., native had 36 goals and 36 assists in 72 games for the OHL’s London Knights this season."

https://www.tsn.ca/podkolzin-plummets-in-tsn-hockey-s-mock-draft-3-0-1.1296254

Saw @Sens of Anarchy post this on the prospect board.

I don't follow Junior that closely, so I do not have an informed opinion on this other than saying I'm hyped for how ridiculous his name is.

Man these rankings are all over the place. Seider at 26 on this list, some are convinced he'll go top 15

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Man these rankings are all over the place. Seider at 26 on this list, some are convinced he'll go top 15
Never played in either U-18 due to Germany not being in those tournaments, and that is where most of Button's scouting takes place.

Every year the Hlinka and U-18 shape his draft list.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa should be looking to fill holes on their roster in the 2019 draft & they have plenty of assets to trade either at the draft or with other team's to fill these holes. Ottawa has plenty of good prospects, enough to make the start of three good future lines & I expect after this draft that they are able to fill at least three holes on their future roster. IMO they need two top 9 RWers, a 4th line centre & a 4th line RWer at forward & one RD on defence. If they don't already have a #1 goalie in Hogberg, Gustavsson or Daccord they may consider drafting a good one in the 2020 draft.

Forwards:
1. Norris - Brown - Batherson
- this has the makings of a top line with skill, size, speed & the ability to produce pts.

2. Tkachuk - White - ???
- there are plenty of options to fill this RW spot starting with Ryan but they could also place Duclair or Balcers there. IMO they could fill it with two potential players in this yr's draft (Raphael Lavoie RW or Brett Leason RW) or if they win the lottery in 2020 with Byfield. They could also make a trade with a team like Florida for a player like Owen Tippett RW or Tampa for Taylor Raddysh RW.

3. Formenton - Chlapik - ???
- this is another line that needs a RW goal scorer & anyone above would also qualify for this line. If they are able to draft Leason he would fit nicely on this line & Byfield could play on Ott's 2nd line unless they prefer him at centre. Chlapik is also a tough call whether to keep him or move him for a better two way 200' centre, he seems to have the potential but is another guy who needs to show more than he has so far.

4. Paul - ??? - ???
- there a couple of players in this yr's draft that might fill these spots at some future point, John Beecher C would make for a good 4th line centre with Paul on LW & Josh Williams RW would also be a nice fit on the 4th line. They could also go small & fast with a number of their prospects but I prefer a bigger & tougher 4th line.

Defence:
1. Chabot - ???RD
- Ott has several possibilities for someone to play with Chabot in Ceci, Wolanin, Brannstrom, Jaros or JBD in future. If Ott is able to draft a good RD like Seider or Korczak, maybe one of these guys could play with Chabot.

2. Brannstrom - ???RD
- the same applies for the second pairing & someone to play with Brannstrom, JBD is the first to come to mind but Brannstrom might do better with a bigger, tougher partner like Jaros or Seider too.

3. ???LD - Jaros
- I like Harpur in this spot because he can play a nasty game & bring some toughness to the lineup & the defence & double as an enforcer when it's needed. I would also be fine with a Harpur/Seider or Harpur/Jaros 3rd pairing. They will still need a top pairing RD if Ceci or any of these other guys don't work out in that spot.

Goalies:
- I assume that one of Hogberg, Gustavsson or Daccord could definately be a backup goalie in the NHL & hopefully one could become a #1 goalie in future. If not, Ott could have an opportunity to draft a pretty good potential #1 goalie in Yaroslav Askorov G with their 2nd 1st rd pick in 2020.

Given this scenario this would be my lineup someday:

Norris - Brown - Batherson
Tkachuk - White - Byfield (2020 draft)
Formenton - Chlapik - Leason (2019 draft)
Paul - Beecher (2019 draft) - Williams (2019 draft)/Keppen LW (2019 draft)

Chabot - Seider (2019 draft)
Brannstrom - Wolanin/JBD
Harpur - Jaros

Askorov (2020 draft) - Daccord/Mandolese

2019 draft:
1st rd, 19th OA - Moritz Seider RD
2nd rd, 32nd OA - Brett Leason RW
2nd rd, 44th OA - John Beecher C/RW
3rd rd, 83rd OA - Josh Williams RW
4th rd, 94th OA - Ethan Keppen LW
5th rd, 125th OA - Joe Carroll LW
7th rd, 212th OA - Mark Kastelic C or Connor Horning RD

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Off the radar name that's been a bit of a pleasant surprise is Aliaksei Protas.

He plays in Prince Albert (same team as Kelly and Leason) so I've seen him a handful of times. He never really stood out in the regular season (other than being a giant) but he's gone PPG in the playoffs and seems to have found another gear.

He's rated #44 by CSS (NA skaters), but I can't seem to find much else on him as far as rankings are concerned. I'm not sure he's a guy I would target at 32 or 44, but if he slides to the Penguins 3rd he might be another guy to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Thank GOD we lost the draft lottery.

Man, I think I would have been more gutted to lose a top 2 pick than to be in the position we are now.

I'd be floored if we were last in the league and lost a top 2 pick yet again.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Interesting to see where some prospects are ranked. Here are the rankings of a few players I am interested in or that I have heard a few other posters mention.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-draft-rankings-june/
Arthur Kaliyev (24), Raphael Lavoie (25), John Beecher (30), Jakob Pelletier (33), Egor Afanasyev (34), Albin Grewe (37), Brett Leason (39), Kaedan Korcxzak (41), Samuel Poulin (49), Jamieson Rees (50), Nolan Foote (53), Max Cajkovic (59), Karl Henriksson (69), Billy Constantinou (86), Ethan Keppen (109), Layton Ahac (115), Xavier Simoneau (131), Dillon Hamaliuk (133), Logan Barlage (134), Tag Bertuzzi (175), Zachary Okabe (308)

https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2019/
Only Top 100 available.
Jakob Pelletier (20), Samuel Poulin (23), Raphael Lavoie (25), Brett Leason (28), Arthur Kaliyev (30), John Beecher (33), Albin Grewe (40), Kaedan Korczak (41), Jamieson Rees (50), Egor Afanasyev (54), Billy Constantinou (57), Nolan Foote (60), Karl Henriksson (62), Maxim Cajkovic (67), Dillon Hamaliuk (73), Xavier Simoneau (93)

2019 NHL Draft: Ranking the top 120 prospects - TheHockeyNews
Only top 120 available.
Samuel Poulin (24), Jakob Pelletier (26), Brett Leason (27), Egor Afanasyev (35), John Beecher (36), Jamieson Rees (39), Albin Grewe (43), Nolan Foote (44), Kaeden Korczak (46), Maxim Cajkovic (48), Layton Ahac (66), Karl Henriksson (82), Ethan Keppen (89), Dillon Hamaliuk (115)

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Interesting to see where some prospects are ranked. Here are the rankings of a few players I am interested in or that I have heard a few other posters mention.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-draft-rankings-june/
Arthur Kaliyev (24), Raphael Lavoie (25), John Beecher (30), Jakob Pelletier (33), Egor Afanasyev (34), Albin Grewe (37), Brett Leason (39), Kaedan Korcxzak (41), Samuel Poulin (49), Jamieson Rees (50), Nolan Foote (53), Max Cajkovic (59), Karl Henriksson (69), Billy Constantinou (86), Ethan Keppen (109), Layton Ahac (115), Xavier Simoneau (131), Dillon Hamaliuk (133), Logan Barlage (134), Tag Bertuzzi (175), Zachary Okabe (308)

https://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings-2019/
Only Top 100 available.
Jakob Pelletier (20), Samuel Poulin (23), Raphael Lavoie (25), Brett Leason (28), Arthur Kaliyev (30), John Beecher (33), Albin Grewe (40), Kaedan Korczak (41), Jamieson Rees (50), Egor Afanasyev (54), Billy Constantinou (57), Nolan Foote (60), Karl Henriksson (62), Maxim Cajkovic (67), Dillon Hamaliuk (73), Xavier Simoneau (93)

2019 NHL Draft: Ranking the top 120 prospects - TheHockeyNews
Only top 120 available.
Samuel Poulin (24), Jakob Pelletier (26), Brett Leason (27), Egor Afanasyev (35), John Beecher (36), Jamieson Rees (39), Albin Grewe (43), Nolan Foote (44), Kaeden Korczak (46), Maxim Cajkovic (48), Layton Ahac (66), Karl Henriksson (82), Ethan Keppen (89), Dillon Hamaliuk (115)
Isn't it interesting how so many players are ranked all over the place, it really is a crap shoot. While each team will have their own list & rankings, for us it's very difficult & not clear at all who the BPA will be when Ottawa gets to pick because the rankings are so jumbled.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seider finding his way into the top 10 on a couple of lists .. HockeyProspect has him at 10... Supposedly McCagg has him inside the top 10 ($).
Also Rees is in the 1st round on both HockeyProspect and ISS. Not a fan of ISS but he's there anyway.

I would love to get Rees at 32. Not the most finesse talent but he is not void of it, he's fast and tenacious as hell. I love the way he plays.

and

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad