Player Discussion: 2019-2020 Goaltending

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Friedman also said on Calgary radio, or at least he agreed, that it could grow old fast with the team as it look like excuses.

Helley strikes me as emotionally fragile. I'm not shocked he has to tell himself in the mirror he's a champ and a beast and the bad performances are the stars aligning wrong, and Saturn is in retro-grade
Jets should probably stop allowing him to talk to the media after games. He looks like a fool.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Friedman also said on Calgary radio, or at least he agreed, that it could grow old fast with the team as it look like excuses.

Helley strikes me as emotionally fragile. I'm not shocked he has to tell himself in the mirror he's a champ and a beast and the bad performances are the stars aligning wrong, and Saturn is in retro-grade
It won't get old with the team. They know goalies are a weird breed and all they care about is that they can help the team win.
Plus, Seravelli said these comments are unacceptable, the guy doesn't have a clue. I don't like that guy on Jets broadcasts, it's like he's trolling. He also said yesterday that Jmo can't be expected to be a number 1 D when talking about Buff retiring. Guy is clueless and I miss Ken Wiebe already.

Reactions: Jets4Life

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets should probably stop allowing him to talk to the media after games. He looks like a fool.
I don't think he looks like a fool at all. It's all mind set between the pipes. He knows he stunk. He won't say it out loud in the media. That's not how it works with confidence.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I don't think he looks like a fool at all. It's all mind set between the pipes. He knows he stunk. He won't say it out loud in the media. That's not how it works with confidence.
Well he talks like he lives in a different universe.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Doesn’t matter who’s in net, they have to be better than they have been. It’s only two games , but we need to see better goalies.

would be nice to find a goalie that we could just sign for 8 years that can give us a solid performance and not have to worry about it every single season.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Brossoit was a pretty good upgrade for Helly.

Obviously he can do better, and should do, but a couple of those goals were complete tirefire by skaters right in front of him.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Looks like we have a good old-fashioned goaltender controversy! Helle needs a wake up call and I sure hope Maurice keeps playing the hot hand.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Looks like we have a good old-fashioned goaltender controversy! Helle needs a wake up call and I sure hope Maurice keeps playing the hot hand.
We're 1-2......we have a hot hand?

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
It won't get old with the team. They know goalies are a weird breed and all they care about is that they can help the team win.
Plus, Seravelli said these comments are unacceptable, the guy doesn't have a clue. I don't like that guy on Jets broadcasts, it's like he's trolling. He also said yesterday that Jmo can't be expected to be a number 1 D when talking about Buff retiring. Guy is clueless and I miss Ken Wiebe already.

He them went on to praise Samuel Girard as a #1. I am not sure if Seravalli has watched Josh play much hockey.

I wouldn't take anything Seravallli is saying about the Jets goaltending very seriously.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
He them went on to praise Samuel Girard as a #1. I am not sure if Seravalli has watched Josh play much hockey.

I wouldn't take anything Seravallli is saying very seriously.
FIFY

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It’s 2 games. Goals are up across the league. Let the goalies get in a rhythm.
Doesn’t matter who’s in net, they have to be better than they have been. It’s only two games , but we need to see better goalies.

would be nice to find a goalie that we could just sign for 8 years that can give us a solid performance and not have to worry about it every single season.
This photo of Hellebuyck during his last game pretty much says it all...

Gary-Smith-old-mask.jpg

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Both goalies will be better than they have been, but I don't think either will shine in a system that's gonna be giving up a lot of chances against. Helle's good year came in a season when the defense made it real easy for him, don't think we're gonna see much of that here this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00