Olympics: 2018 Winter Olympics Qualifying

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
No we really dont. Thats not the Latvian way of doing things, we wont score another one....ehhh there used be a time when we didnt suck, granted it was in the 90's, but still.

maybe you forgot how Latvia qualified for the last olympics? Down two to France and came back.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
This commentator is so bad in this Belarus Slovenia game. 2 on 1 with 20 seconds to go and a massive save and he hardly raises his voice

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This commentator is so bad in this Belarus Slovenia game. 2 on 1 with 20 seconds to go and a massive save and he hardly raises his voice

Yea, and they always get the Saves stats wrong.
29 SOG 29 Saves in a 2-2 game. Heh.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Let me just say I love Jordal Amfi, in all its wacky glory. I was in Oslo in the summer of 2013 and tried to get in to have a look around, but it was closed and the lights were off. Some nice staff opened the door to let me peer in, but that's as far as it went. No seats at one end and an almost impossible-looking grade at the other. Such a unique facility. I know that the Oslo hockey community wants to replace it, but I think it's fantastic.

As the say in Norway "World Champions in re-used Olympic Facility" as Jordal Amfi was built for the 1952 Oslo Olympics...

A new Arena will be built at the same property and will be finished around spring/summer 2018. Still some arguments about the square feet size of the building and locker rooms. Obviously the hockey team wants larger locker rooms and more space in general for other sports/offices.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
bravo slovenia! the first time it was just a lucky coincidence, +90% of "experts" said so. now it's two in a row. i'll be glad to listen, again, how lucky we were. cheerz!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Eesh. Thats another weak call.
Actually very weak considering the time in the game.
And they score.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The call that lead to the Latvian PP for the 2nd Latvian goal wasn't exactly strong either.

By the way for the 2nd time the Ref did not call too many man on Latvia when they clearly had 6 man out .

The Refs are very bad but they are not biased.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Anyway congrats to Germany on qualifiying , hopefully this is the straw that broke the camels back and our federations president resigns along with his cronies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad