Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Slovenia definitely looked like they have played together for a while
That they did.

The analysts are right. USA needs to put this game behind them and get ready for Slovakia.

Canada men are on tomorrow at 7:10 am and they haven't been together long either..

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I am still trying to decide if this was an upset or not. Brian ****ing Gionta doesn't give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Slovenia has 1,000 registered hockey players. God knows how many there were when these guys started out. USA has around 500,000. I’d say it’s an upset :laugh:

Kopitar-less Slovenia beating anyone is an upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinaura

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Tough ending for Donato. He was desperate to atone for losing the puck in OT and had a rush of blood to the head. Even then, he was only an inch away from intercepting the pass across the crease for the winner.

Overall, it was a very positive game for him though. He was a big part of arguably the best line on the ice. First choice for 3v3. PP time.

The irony of him blowing coverage in OT is that his IQ had been terrific throughout the game. He looks like he just gets it. He reminded me of Heinen a little bit, in this respect - his stick is very active, and he's really good at using his hands and body to protect the puck.

Lots more hockey still to play!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Slovakia over OAR, this is anybody's tourney

Anyone else love the fact that so many teams are in the mix in this version of Olympic hockey?

This to me is far more interesting than the vaunted "best on best" predictable tournaments of the years past.

Too bad it comes on so early in the morning. With my schedule I wont' get to see much of it at all.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Slovenia has 1,000 registered hockey players. God knows how many there were when these guys started out. USA has around 500,000. I’d say it’s an upset :laugh:

So by that rational, the US never winning a World cup in soccer is the ultimate upset! :)

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
So by that rational, the US never winning a World cup in soccer is the ultimate upset! :)

Not quite the same thing, but one factor on the way ;)

(For one, Germany has more players, for another, the U.S. would need 300m+ soccer players for the ratio to be comparable :laugh:)

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014

Only about 150 of those are adults, other are youngsters.

Reactions: Fossy21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad