Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Biney's dad stood up in the stands for probably the last whole lap of her race, and you could see the people behind him pretty upset that he was blocking their view. I get that he was excited for his kid, and I realize mine is probably not the most popular opinion, but I still think it was pretty inconsiderate.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
seriously.. worst commentators I've ever seen (my opinion of course)

Watching luge.. OH NO, TERRIBLE ON TURN 2. (Obviously looks at clock and see guy is under the #1 time) next line: WHAT A GREAT JOB.

morons!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Just saw that the US Women's Olympic Hockey team cut Alex Carpenter. That would be akin to the Canadiens cutting Sidney Crosby. I'm speechless.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Not sure if he's trying to recreate the "Miracle' of 1980 by denying stars in favor of speed and youth. To me,this was an immeasurable blunder whether they win Gold or not.
Agreed 100%. I don't think it was right decision either, however, I also didn't think it was right decision when they cut Jillian Dempsey for her when she first made team. I'm still not convinced THAT was right move, but I know Jill personally so never thought my opinion wasn't biased LOL

Reactions: BNHL

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Biney's dad stood up in the stands for probably the last whole lap of her race, and you could see the people behind him pretty upset that he was blocking their view. I get that he was excited for his kid, and I realize mine is probably not the most popular opinion, but I still think it was pretty inconsiderate.

It wouldn't load for me. Did they ask him to sit or go where he could stand without blocking their view?'if not, then it's on them. I wouldn't expect any parent watching their child in that moment to remember their manners and remember others are behind them.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It wouldn't load for me. Did they ask him to sit or go where he could stand without blocking their view?'if not, then it's on them. I wouldn't expect any parent watching their child in that moment to remember their manners and remember others are behind them.
I don't know. I suppose it's also possible there were family members of other skaters behind him. Either way, his reaction if she wins the final race ought to be interesting. :laugh:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Canadian womans wins easily vs the Russians. USA Canada final looks like a lock again

Women's hockey is a joke. Either Canada or the USA always wins the gold, while the other one takes the silver. The Olympics should remove it from the Winter Games until at least half a dozen nations are competitive in the sport.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
There was a bit of a dispute in the China Norway curling match, I guess over whether one of the rocks should still be in play. Looks like they asked the crowd what they thought? :laugh: The announcers said that if you were wondering why the officials didn't come down and straighten it out, it's because curling is largely self regulated.

No ten minute reviews? No thread on the main board? I may have a new favorite sport. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I’m getting sore just watching this skiathlon event. The stamina these people have is incredible

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I’m getting sore just watching this skiathlon event. The stamina these people have is incredible
And no pressure, but you have to ski an extra lap for each shot you miss. And trying to keep a steady hand after that kind of skiing? Let's just say I'd forfeit the shooting and just ski the extra laps :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
And no pressure, but you have to ski an extra lap for each shot you miss. And trying to keep a steady hand after that kind of skiing? Let's just say I'd forfeit the shooting and just ski the extra laps :laugh:

This event was called the skiathlon, no shooting in this event. Just a grueling course that goes for like an hour and a half. And of course three Norwegians took gold, silver and bronze. And the guy who won the race got knocked down early on in the race and broke one of his ski poles.

And still won a gold medal

Norway's Krueger overcomes crash to win gold in men's 30km skiathlon

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This event was called the skiathlon, no shooting in this event. Just a grueling course that goes for like an hour and a half. And of course three Norwegians took gold, silver and bronze. And the guy who won the race got knocked down early on in the race and broke one of his ski poles.

And still won a gold medal

Norway's Krueger overcomes crash to win gold in men's 30km skiathlon
:eek:
I guess beating the Norwegians in that competition would be on par with the Miracle on Ice lol

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Adam Rippon was incredible! He hit every jump! Incredible!

Edit: He got absolutely hosed by the judges. The Russian guy fell and still scored higher.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad