Post-Game Talk: 2018 Winter Olympics - PyeongChang, South Korea February 9-25

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Holy crap, the Russian Skater just destroyed the field. She was just so many levels better than everyone else on the ice
That’s what happens when you stack your program for the bonus. Inflated scores.

She was perfect technically but backloading her program left it unbalanced and choppy and quite robotic.

To note: I don’t think Russia should be allowed to compete period.

Hoping the ice dance can propel the US to a silver medal.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
That’s what happens when you stack your program for the bonus. Inflated scores.

She was perfect technically but backloading her program left it unbalanced and choppy and quite robotic.

To note: I don’t think Russia should be allowed to compete period.

Hoping the ice dance can propel the US to a silver medal.

Regardless if she back-loaded or not, she nailed every single jump perfectly.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oh I know just wish it was more balanced.

Crazy to think she's considered a high risk by her team and federation.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Her and the other Russian who set the world record the previous night will make the individual event very competitive. If they were hockey players they’d be kucherov and ovechkin

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
High risk for what?
Exactly what I said last night when I read about her.

From what I read about her she's not as accomplished as the other girl who is apparently the darling of the sport in Russia so they turn their nose up at her and dismiss her.

Absolutely absurd.

Reactions: TP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
stinks to see the downhill skiing events canceled so far. Mens DH and now the Woman's GS last night. Imagine if American Mikaela Shiffrin can take home gold in every event?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
stinks to see the downhill skiing events canceled so far. Mens DH and now the Woman's GS last night. Imagine if American Mikaela Shiffrin can take home gold in every event?
That would be awesome but I wouldn’t be shocked if she cancels one of her events given the cramped schedule.

Been seeing a lot of stories saying the Women’s half pipe should have been canceled due to weather bc many were unable to truly show what they are capable of.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
That would be awesome but I wouldn’t be shocked if she cancels one of her events given the cramped schedule.

Been seeing a lot of stories saying the Women’s half pipe should have been canceled due to weather bc many were unable to truly show what they are capable of.

Watched it live. Seemed ridiculous while it was happening they didn't postpone it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Watched it live. Seemed ridiculous while it was happening they didn't postpone it.
I haven’t seen anything posted about tonight’s events so hopefully the weather has calmed down.

According to the IOC, each country is responsible for determining if their team members should participate.

That doesn’t seem right.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DVuSdzyWkAEMtpI.jpg

ABC in Chicago

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I haven’t seen anything posted about tonight’s events so hopefully the weather has calmed down.

According to the IOC, each country is responsible for determining if their team members should participate.

That doesn’t seem right.
I agree. It should be an all or nothing call on the weather.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad