U18: 2018 U18 WJC's Magnitogorsk & Chelyabinsk Russia.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I’m not sure I can watch five minutes of this... Czechs can’t make a basic pass or skate... just giving it away and flopping everywhere... zero control. They went up 2-0 and fell completely apart

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
We won, but that sequence after our second goal was terrible. Dostal was great.
I appreciate russian fans for their great support.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Revenge for Hlinka final I guess... there were 10 minutes there where I am not sure the Czechs could've played worse but they, somehow, pulled off this huge upset... what a good year for Junior Hockey... U20 made Semi's, World Junior A challenge medal for first time and Hlinka silver. Now we are no worse than 4th here at U18. Probably been a decade since we had this much success at Junior level. Hopefully tranlsates to a few good NHL players. Dostal probably just raised draft ranking up a few notches.

Reactions: Jablkon

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
US in a close game with RUS takes the 2-1 lead in the 3rd on a SHG by Farabee (after a very questionable slashing the goalie call). Wahltrom with the insurance goal (3-1) off a J Hughes rebound. ENG's by Wise and J Hughes for a 5-1 US victory.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
And Canada loses 2-1. Guys just did not put together a good game today, and kudos to the Czechs.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Don Hay, coach of Canada, made some tremendous errors and looked like a rookie coach.
He fell in love with certain players, and kept going back with them.
Hillis who played a ton had no goals and took 6 minor penalties in the tournament. One against Swedes to allow them to force overtime with 1:30 left and 2 penalties at inoportune times today.
Aidan Dudas played all pp and pk had 1 goal in 3 games no assists and 4 total shots.
Smith who played better today had a horrendous tourny and had zero points.
Hay broke up the Noel, Veleno, McBain line to get Dudas into lineup and that ended up doing nothing.
Veleno played 4 games, got zero goals and 3 assists.
I could go on.
I liked the play of Lafrenière, LAVOIE, McBain, Byram, Rodrigue, Dellandrea (although he played too much) Bahl and Foudy.
Really strange coaching for someone as tenured as Hay.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Nuts,...i can-not recall this kind of upset at u18 worlds, like ever.....nuts.

Czech's at these u18 worlds:

5 goals against Slovakia (L), 3 goals against Russia (L), 4 goals against Finland (L)
2 goals against France (W) = 1 W 3 L , 14 goals against (3.50 goals against per game)

Beats the favorites Canada 2-1. :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3