U18: 2018 U18 WJC's Magnitogorsk & Chelyabinsk Russia.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I get we won't win this and Canada is a massive powerhouse. Few good things though

1. Dostal is playing great
2. Despite not scoring, our powerplays both looked very good
3. All the pressure is on Canada here and we are talking about 16 and 17 year old boys
4. The Czechs are playing this perfect in that they shoot at every opportunity.. they may not score clean but they may get a lucky bounce somewhere
5. Czechs need to see if they can draw a few more penalties on frustrated Canadians
6. Czechs need to stay out of the box

I honestly thought the game would be over by the third period (eg. 5-0)... surprised.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
End of second still Czechs 1, Canada 0. Perhaps the Canadians underestimated the Czech team?

APVJ

Jan 27, 2015
Red Bank, NJ
I get we won't win this and Canada is a massive powerhouse. Few good things though

3. All the pressure is on Canada here and we are talking about 16 and 17 year old boys
4. The Czechs are playing this perfect in that they shoot at every opportunity.. they may not score clean but they may get a lucky bounce somewhere
5. Czechs need to see if they can draw a few more penalties on frustrated Canadians

I honestly thought the game would be over by the third period (eg. 5-0)... surprised.

You just might win

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018

Well, Czechs destroyed France, and only lost to Rusia 3-2 and to Finland 4-2, which tells you that they have plenty of talent and can put up a good fight. You guys can win this - Canada not looking like a powerhouse right now, and as you say we're dealing with 16 and 17 year old boys, so they can be inconsistent!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Judging by their performance during group stage, a defensive struggle is certainly not what we have expected out of USA-Russia game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Tsn feed went nuts... not happy. Stay out of box... counter attack for three... try and get third goal... do NOT sit 5 back and defend

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
That was a pretty terrible sequence by the Czechs. Did their coach make them do bag skating during the intermission?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad