WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
UFAs/RFAs are always uncertain. I agree Kempný is likely to come, ha came last year without contract too. I don't know about Jeřábek either. Probably Kempný yes, Jeřábek no, I guess. There is also possibility of AHL D-mens, Hronek, Šulák and Šimek (San Jose still playing) are game from elimination, AHL playoff is best of 5 series. Also in today game didn't play Gudas, Krejčík, Polášek, Vitásek and Mozík, so the defense can change a lot from today to WHC.
Adding Hronek and Simek would be great. Very unlikely but great.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Adding Hronek and Simek would be great. Very unlikely but great.
Hronek would be good, especially when he is right-handed defenseman. From current team only Gudas and Mozík (injured on top of that) are right-handed.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Meant to ask... How did frk look?
Lost. Whole first line was very bad. He tried to have some solid shooting position during powerplays but he usualy didn't get pass from others. Maybe 1 shot was good, I don't remember anything else from him.

I don't think Faksa is good center for first line, but I'm not coach and I won't judge after 1st match. Lets wait where and how will Necas play in this team.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Czech players are slow and they are looking very tired. We aren't able move puck to attacking zone. The only shots and chances are from individual skills of especialy young forwards.
Overall performance: very poor, no shots, slow and lazy skating by majority of our players. Rittich awesome (no mistake).

You are lucky, if you can't watch this s*** performance today.

yup very noticeable every time i've seen zadina play

loves to get the puck and shoot it at every opportunity

how did chytil look?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How big is the chance that Jeřábek & Kempný will join our team in case WSH drops out of the race to the Stanley Cup? After watching the performance of our D in todays game against Sweden, I really have my fingers crossed for some skilled support from overseas... I have a feeling Kempný is committed and would come, even though he risks signing a new contract. Dont know about Jerabek though. What do you think?
Kempny is playing over 20 minutes a night... doing quite well for himself. Jerabek is not playing.. not sure if he is hurt or just scratched? Vrana only plays in the first period... 5 minutes a night. I think the coach hates him.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Jerabek is scratched. To be honest, both Vrana and Jerabek just really performed worse than their competition. Djoos, Stephenson, Smith-Pelly have been really good for Washington.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jablkon

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I know I am often very critical here but to be honest I dont know what is going on in media around this team. They bashing coaches for system they picking players and for loss with Sweden pretty hard.

I mean its always tough around goalies but what can for example Hrachovina say? As to players, by my eye test, Orsava, Ordos (invisible) were rightly cutted. Tomasek is center and I think there are so many options for this position that they knew they wouldnt pick him anyway. I am bit dissapointed they cut Pavelka. He looked solid imo but I didnt follow him precisely. Galvas is too young imo. Musil, Stastny, Kaut and Stransky rightfully continue and they will get their chance.

Only possible issue is that Chlapik still continues. But he deserves his chance so as Zadina. I am not seeing anything really unfair here.

Sweden beat us with hands in pockets but did anybody expect anything else?. We can not match them on such a level and some guys are too young. So instead of some positive vibe they are toren for smth which had to happen.

I mean if there are agents preeassures its bad but otherwise I quite understand to current process of nomination.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Kempny is playing over 20 minutes a night... doing quite well for himself. Jerabek is not playing.. not sure if he is hurt or just scratched? Vrana only plays in the first period... 5 minutes a night. I think the coach hates him.
Yeah, Jerabek made a lot of mistakes in one game against Columbus and he has been benched since then. Vrana struggled with that all the season. Seems like coach wants him to be different and he doesnt want to accept it. He is dangerous in offense but cause probably too many risky plays for play-offs. Kempny established himself as a solid D imo. Jerabek struggle with some apsects of the game and it sometimes look like same mistakes he did in Laval so we will see if he gets contract for next season.

Edit: or maybe coach hates him but, no I dont think he hates him, still Coyetes would be nice option for him.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Jerabek is scratched. To be honest, both Vrana and Jerabek are just really performed worse than their competition. Djoos, Stephenson, Smith-Pelly have been really good for Washington.
did you see Vrana in that limitited play-off ice time? Was there some specific reason he didnt play after or just limited trust? I unfortunately watched WSH only in first round games where he was scratched.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
did you see Vrana in that limitited play-off ice time? Was there some specific reason he didnt play after or just limited trust? I unfortunately watched WSH only in first round games where he was scratched.
I wouldn't say I watched Vrana closely as I'm not Czech so I don't pay special attention to those guys but I think it was just him failing to make an impact, getting demoted and Stephenson, who was elevated to that spot on the 2nd line, running away with an opportunity. I mean he scored 4 points in the last 3 games against Columbus. And since Vrana was demoted to the 4th line he just doesn't fit that role so he gets next to no ice time.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Line-up at Finland
Furch
Krejčík - Sklenička, Kubalík - Faksa - Šťastný
Musil - Pyrochta, Kousal - Nečas - Zohorna
Hrbas - Pláněk, Jaškin - Musil - Frk
Pavlík, Stránský - Chytil - Kaut

Jordán and Červenka get free days for the rest of tournament. Hanzl and Horák not on practice today, have some small injuries.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I wouldn't say I watched Vrana closely as I'm not Czech so I don't pay special attention to those guys but I think it was just him failing to make an impact, getting demoted and Stephenson, who was elevated to that spot on the 2nd line, running away with an opportunity. I mean he scored 4 points in the last 3 games against Columbus. And since Vrana was demoted to the 4th line he just doesn't fit that role so he gets next to no ice time.

I felt Vrana was better than Pastrnak when they got drafted... boy was I wrong. He started the season with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov and, I feel, was given every opportunity to be successful. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm thinking a trade might be best.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Line-up at Finland
Furch

Jordán and Červenka get free days for the rest of tournament. Hanzl and Horák not on practice today, have some small injuries.

Where is Zadina?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Where is Zadina?
Line-up at Finland
Furch

Strange, none of those lines stand out to me at all...

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Line-up at Finland
Furch

There were changes in Line-up. Jaškin - Musil - Frk and Kaut - Chytil - Stránský changed to Frk - Chytil - Řepík and Kaut- Musil - Stránský. Jaškin not playing today, Chlapík and Zadina as 13th and 14th forwards. Rest same.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Game with Finland. Adam Musil with first NT goal, he played good today. I also Like Chytil and Nečas. And good PP too. Otherwise another bad performance, lots of PK. Also Finland is EHT winner, we end up 2th or 3th.

Czech Republic vs Finland 2-5
31. Musil (Kaut), 56. Kousal (Stránský) - 14. Honka (Ikonen), 17. Suomela (Riikola), 41. Kiiskinen (Pesonen, Ikonen), 52. Rajala (Sandell), 52. Kivistö (Manninen)

Line-up
Furch – J. Krejčík, D. Sklenička, D. Musil, Pyrochta, Hrbas, Pláněk, F. Pavlík – D. Kubalík, Faksa (A), Šťastný – H. Zohorna, Nečas, R. Kousal (A) – Frk, Chytil, Řepík (C) – M. Kaut, Musil, Stránský – Chlapík, Zadina

Box score

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Game with Finland. Adam Musil with first NT goal, he played good today. I also Like Chytil and Nečas. And good PP too. Otherwise another bad performance, lots of PK. Also Finland is EHT winner, we end up 2th or 3th.

31. Musil (Kaut), 56. Kousal (Stránský) - 14. Honka (Ikonen), 17. Suomela (Riikola), 41. Kiiskinen (Pesonen, Ikonen), 52. Rajala (Sandell), 52. Kivistö (Manninen)

Line-up
Furch – J. Krejčík, D. Sklenička, D. Musil, Pyrochta, Hrbas, Pláněk, F. Pavlík – D. Kubalík, Faksa (A), Šťastný – H. Zohorna, Nečas, R. Kousal (A) – Frk, Chytil, Řepík (C) – M. Kaut, Musil, Stránský – Chlapík, Zadina

Box score
Finland is also leading in U18 game and may play for Gold. They are doing very well at senior and junior level... High end talent. They might have a golden generation coming up. They also went a decade without a medal at U20 and then everything turned around. I wonder what they are doing that we are not?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Line-up

Box score

finland is not eht winner. final of eht is tomorrow beetween finland and sweden. sweden will win it, we have the better team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad