WC: 2018 - Team Czech Republic

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Toronto out. Plekanec and Polák free.

NHL playoff round 2

Tampa Bay Lighthing (Šustr, Palát) vs Boston Bruins (Krejčí, Pastrňák)

Washington Capitals (Jeřábek, Kempný, Vrána) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (Simon)

Vegas Golden Knights (Nosek) vs San Jose Sharks (Hertl)

Nashville vs Winnipeg (none)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Toronto out. Plekanec and Polák free.

NHL playoff round 2

Tampa Bay Lighthing (Šustr, Palát) vs Boston Bruins (Krejčí, Pastrňák)

Vegas Golden Knights (Nosek) vs San Jose Sharks (Hertl)

Nashville vs Winnipeg (none)

I love all these updates and appreciate them. I hope Plekanec and Polak come but I doubt it... both have no contract and a lot of uncertainty for next season. Eg. will they be in the NHL or retired or Europe somewhere?

Time to start making some cuts and decision IMO... I'll wait for the update that Plekanec and Polak aren't coming first. As always, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Maluk11

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
As Czechboy already mentioned above, I would also just stop for a while and point out and appreciate all the Maluk11's updates. Gives a great and quick overview. Thanks for this!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think neither Pleks nor Polak will come, I don't think either of them is badly needed and I also think both of them will still be in the NHL next year.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Roman Polák will not join National Team, he wants to recover his injured leg. Nothing about Plekanec yet. Radko Gudas officialy confirmed. D Lukáš Klok cut, he is injured (broken tarsus bone).

Last edited:

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I love all these updates and appreciate them. I hope Plekanec and Polak come but I doubt it... both have no contract and a lot of uncertainty for next season. Eg. will they be in the NHL or retired or Europe somewhere?

Time to start making some cuts and decision IMO... I'll wait for the update that Plekanec and Polak aren't coming first. As always, I hope I'm wrong.
As Czechboy already mentioned above, I would also just stop for a while and point out and appreciate all the Maluk11's updates. Gives a great and quick overview. Thanks for this!
Yep, thanks Maluk.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Reactions: Wooren and Czechboy

FookinPuck

Nov 16, 2017
Czech hockey wizards, do you think Necas will make the team? Do you want him on the team over some vets?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czech hockey wizards, do you think Necas will make the team? Do you want him on the team over some vets?

My view is that we are not winning this tourney and we should play our young guys. So is he the best 3C available today? Probably not but I'd rather lose with him then lose with a 30 year old 3C from the extraliga or KHL.

He is currently sick and not in Sweden. That might hurt his chances but I'm not sure about that.

Reactions: FookinPuck

njdevs1337

Oct 10, 2017
Radko will help a lot, that is very good news. Surprised by Voracek but he has always shown up before. Zacha is no surprise at all. He never comes and has a reason.

So Zacha can't make it and we didn't ask Neuvirth or Mrazek to come.

Whats the reason zacha doesn't go ? just curious

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Today the only players who are able to get puck to attacking zone are Zadina ang Chytil.

Reactions: Pixie

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Can't watch it today.. is Rittich playing good?
Czech players are slow and they are looking very tired. We aren't able move puck to attacking zone. The only shots and chances are from individual skills of especialy young forwards.
Overall performance: very poor, no shots, slow and lazy skating by majority of our players. Rittich awesome (no mistake).

You are lucky, if you can't watch this s*** performance today.

Reactions: Vidy

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I think Zadina isn't real czech :laugh: every czech hockey player's thinking is something like pass, pass, can i pass? I can shoot but can I pass? ... and Zadina goes there and he simply shoots I love him for this. Check last czech powerplay. He had 3 maybe 4 shots in 40 seconds.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Game with Sweden. Rittich played good, save us many times. But not good game today, maybe Sklenička deserve some mention, but also make big mistake at 3rd Sweden goal. Next game with Finland decide who is EHT winner. Also have to mention that we already win Euro Hockey Challenge before this game, I didn't notice it before, sorry.

Czech Republic vs Sweden 1-3
Goals: 51. Sklenička (Červenka) - 16. Nilsson (Backlund, Brännström), 34. Zibanejad (Janmark, Wikstrand), 36. Ekman-Larsson (Andersson, Janmark)

Line-up
Rittich – Jordán, F. Pavlík, Moravčík, D. Sklenička, Hrbas, Pyrochta, Pláněk – Červenka (C), Faksa, Frk – Stránský, R. Hanzl, Nestrašil – D. Kubalík, Horák, Řepík (A) – Chytil, Chlapík, Zadina

Box score

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
[QUOTE="

You are lucky, if you can't watch this s*** performance today.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Luckily I saw the U18... that made my whole day better.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016

How big is the chance that Jeřábek & Kempný will join our team in case WSH drops out of the race to the Stanley Cup? After watching the performance of our D in todays game against Sweden, I really have my fingers crossed for some skilled support from overseas... I have a feeling Kempný is committed and would come, even though he risks signing a new contract. Dont know about Jerabek though. What do you think?

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
How big is the chance that Jeřábek & Kempný will join our team in case WSH drops out of the race to the Stanley Cup? After watching the performance of our D in todays game against Sweden, I really have my fingers crossed for some skilled support from overseas... I have a feeling Kempný is committed and would come, even though he risks signing a new contract. Dont know about Jerabek though. What do you think?
Depends how many Ds will Frk injure:)

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
UFAs/RFAs are always uncertain. I agree Kempný is likely to come, ha came last year without contract too. I don't know about Jeřábek either. Probably Kempný yes, Jeřábek no, I guess. There is also possibility of AHL D-mens, Hronek, Šulák and Šimek (San Jose still playing) are game from elimination, AHL playoff is best of 5 series. Also in today game didn't play Gudas, Krejčík, Polášek, Vitásek and Mozík, so the defense can change a lot from today to WHC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad