Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Saw a Hockey News article yesterday talking about 4 RFA D. No mention of Lindell in that group, which made me sad. I think the article may have been a year old, which makes it better, but I do think Esa deserves a mention in a group of good young no. 1 pair D.

Another HN article mentioned the Stars may be in the best cap space situation to sign EK, especially if they trade some roster players back. Vegas in better position, Sharks, Nucks and others mentioned not so much, including TB. Hope springs eternal that we might have a top flight D next year.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Saw a Hockey News article yesterday talking about 4 RFA D. No mention of Lindell in that group, which made me sad. I think the article may have been a year old, which makes it better, but I do think Esa deserves a mention in a group of good young no. 1 pair D.

Another HN article mentioned the Stars may be in the best cap space situation to sign EK, especially if they trade some roster players back. Vegas in better position, Sharks, Nucks and others mentioned not so much, including TB. Hope springs eternal that we might have a top flight D next year.

Real question will be what will our center depth look like next season. Oof

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think we know exactly what it will look like, sad to say. Counting on growth from Shore or Hintz, or rebounds from Spezza (possible) and Hanzel (much less likely)

No doubt, signing Tavares would have made some sense with that $10M, if he would have considered us. Gives us a 1B center, defense against Tyler leaving, etc.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Remember when Stamkos did the same thing but resigned at a discount anyways? Seguin's relationship with Dallas and the Stars is completely different than Tavares with long island. There is still time, he probably wants to see how Montgomery is both in his strategy and his relationship with him. Also, he wants to see how the Stars do. Obviously he doesn't want to join a perpetual non-playoff team. I'm still guessing that Seguin does re-sign, it will just be later than we had hoped for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
If we make the playoffs and have a decent run (not 0-4) he stays. If we miss the playoffs he is gone.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Jim Nill I swear to god. It sounds like Seguin is getting pissed off that no deal is done yet. This makes me feel it's a money issue more than anything. Gotta be kidding me just pay the guy what he wants and move on

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
For all that is holy and for the sake of Jamie Benn (and the team) , Jim, DO THE THING and sign him.
giphy.gif

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd like to know what each side is wanting the AAV to be. Both should agree on 10.5 - 11 mill (Tavares money + no State taxes), and move on.

We may never know if there isnt negotiations lol

Seriously though this situation shouldn't be like this. What's Nill hoping that Seguin has a bad season and signs for 7M

$^&$ I'm pissed !!

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Only reasonable explanation is that he’s focusing on Karlsson and making that money work alongside Tyler. But, yeah. I’m pissed.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Only reasonable explanation is that he’s focusing on Karlsson and making that money work alongside Tyler. But, yeah. I’m pissed.

There's probably more to this then what we know, but still we had time to meet with Tavares and had an offer ready for him. Why not offer that deal to Seguin as a start

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
There's probably more to this then what we know, but still we had time to meet with Tavares and had an offer ready for him. Why not offer that deal to Seguin as a start

You’re right. From where we’re sitting as fans, it’s frustrating, but there might be more to the story. Personally if I’m Jim I’m blowing up Seguin’s phone every day. His job literally depends on it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You’re right. From where we’re sitting as fans, it’s frustrating, but there might be more to the story. Personally if I’m Jim I’m blowing up Seguin’s phone every day. His job literally depends on it.
Sadly we don't actually know that to be true.

Gagliardi has stuck by all his dumb shit thus far, so no reason to expect any different moving forward

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
His value is pretty much set in stone I would think so on the surface this should be "easy", it's just a matter of massaging the salary vs AAV and bonus money.

I hope I'm not getting a whiff of Gaglardi telling Nill to squeeze him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad