Speculation: 2018 Root for the Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
What is the best/most efficient path for the tank to travel? Trade players for futures, or keep the current roster and just lose with it like they are currently doing? Maybe a zig-zag combo of the two?
Trade rentals, get back crap contracts on expiring deals (so that we don't bother AHL playoffs too much). Keep Housley till the summer. That could easily see us behind Arizona by the end of the season.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
trade rentals and bring back salary and try to get an extra first and a second or two seconds draft defence and maybe in two years we might have something. This team is far away from competing. Dahlin would be amazing but I think Boqvist still gives us that number one defenceman

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Ok, I'm officially on board.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

We need an updated Sabres fire sale video.

Reactions: HaNotsri

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Since Murray gets credit for tanking and getting Eichel (which is garbage)

Does he credit for tanking years later by getting Lehner and the rest of his time as GM?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Only positive of waking up and Housley still being the coach is that this is bound to continue the successful tankjob. Unfortunately the 3 teams in front of us also lost without a point but I trust in Housley completing the job he started.

Unfortunately Kanes points have dried up so the negative effect of the tankjob is bad impact on his trade value (the other UFAs havent haf trade value for a couple of months me thinks).

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
What worries me is that former Tank Lt. Reinhart showed some spark in the Winnipeg game. Is he a possible traitor and non-believer in the tank? Might we have to sell him as well? Or can he wait with turning things around until next season?

Our goalies did an excellent tanking job last game. To bad we now can't sell them for more than cap dumps in return.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
What worries me is that former Tank Lt. Reinhart showed some spark in the Winnipeg game. Is he a possible traitor and non-believer in the tank? Might we have to sell him as well? Or can he wait with turning things around until next season?

Our goalies did an excellent tanking job last game. To bad we now can't sell them for more than cap dumps in return.

Terrible news that tank commander Bogo is out.
Here comes the winning streak.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Arizona loses but Edmonton and Vancouver pick up wins. 2nd from bottom solidifies a little. I will take it. If Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa keep picking up occasional wins I can enjoy Buffalo wins with no mixed feelings at all.

Reactions: Myers888

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Arizona loses but Edmonton and Vancouver pick up wins. 2nd from bottom solidifies a little. I will take it. If Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa keep picking up occasional wins I can enjoy Buffalo wins with no mixed feelings at all.

I’m prepared for the Sabres to improve in the second half of the season. Trading Kane and or Lehner only makes us better??
Hoping to hang onto 4th overall after Ottawa and Vancouver plummet. Arizona is baaaaad. Any surprise if Arizona wins the lottery and with Dahlin the franchise relocates? Then pray we only get passed by one team in the lottery so we can draft no worse than 5th.
Personally, I’m not stressing over every Sabres win like during the tank years.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
I’m prepared for the Sabres to improve in the second half of the season. Trading Kane and or Lehner only makes us better??
Hoping to hang onto 4th overall after Ottawa and Vancouver plummet. Arizona is baaaaad. Any surprise if Arizona wins the lottery and with Dahlin the franchise relocates? Then pray we only get passed by one team in the lottery so we can draft no worse than 5th.
Personally, I’m not stressing over every Sabres win like during the tank years.
I dont believe in rigged lottery. No one knows how the numbers will come out. If we secure second Im fine. Trading Kane doesnt make us better as our roster depth is trash. Trading Lehner probably leaves us worse off as I expect some scrub to come back and The Chad and said scrub to finish the season while Ullmark plays off the season in good atmospbere down in Rochester. There are a few teams that stink quite bad but we have plenty of margin and a large lack of quality to keep me optimistic on guaranteed top 5 pick and pick 33 (which is also quite high). I dont see many options where we finish behind Arizona, theybare worse than us in terms of roster construction, even without Lehner and Kane I doubt they pass us.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If the lottery was fixed McDavid wouldn’t be in Edmonton where no one can see him.

The Sabres move down every year because that’s what the odds say will happen.

Reactions: 81818o8

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Good thing we put some distance between us and Montreal early on. Cause they stink and I can easily see us outpointing them by the end of the seqson. Even Price cant save them, it was so obvious all along.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Toronto 2 years ago?
Hmmm I forgot about them because it doesn't happen often. In the last 20 years it's happened 6 times that the last place team won the lottery and that is going back to when lottery odds were even better for the last place team.

Good thing we put some distance between us and Montreal early on. Cause they stink and I can easily see us outpointing them by the end of the season. Even Price cant save them, it was so obvious all along.
I love when Sabres fans can tell other teams they stink. Arizona is the same steaming pile as us and everyone else including Montreal are better.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
No Guhle or Ullmark back up after the break. Obvious tank move. Guhle "day to day with a LBI" .....sureeee.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Hmmm I forgot about them because it doesn't happen often. In the last 20 years it's happened 6 times that the last place team won the lottery and that is going back to when lottery odds were even better for the last place team.

I love when Sabres fans can tell other teams they stink. Arizona is the same steaming pile as us and everyone else including Montreal are better.
We are 3 pts ahead and 2 games in hand in front of Arizona. And they stink at least equally as bad as us. No way they pass us IMO. As for the lottery - chances of bottom team to win it is about 18%. It has happened 6 times in 23 years (NHL Draft Lottery History - Article - TSN) so maybe let's stop with the nonsense how the last team doesn't have the best chance cause it seems like that to me...odds are odds...the way they work the last placed team has the best chance at Dahlin this year but by no means doesn't guarantee it when it's just 18% or so percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad