GDT: 2018 Playoffs and Bracket Challenge

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm pretty indifferent.

On one hand, if the Pens win the series, they're that much closer to a threepeat and I'm all about seeing teams and players set higher benchmarks for everyone else to live up to. On the other hand, it would be nice to see Ovie get over that hump of never beating the Pens.

In the end, I just want good hockey.

Reactions: Cyrano

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm pretty indifferent.

On one hand, if the Pens win the series, they're that much closer to a threepeat and I'm all about seeing teams and players set higher benchmarks for everyone else to live up to. On the other hand, it would be nice to see Ovie get over that hump of never beating the Pens.

In the end, I just want good hockey.

I'm more in favour of subverting silly narratives than seeing history made at this point.

Reactions: Deebious

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Love the Pens so hoping they win, but would not be upset if they don't since you know, two in a row. But I'd love to see three. Plus, it would pretty much solidify that Connor's legacy would never come close to CrosbysC

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I mean, I wouldn't be upset if the Pens won, because I really like that team as well, but I think Ovechkin deserves it at this point and would love to see him raise the Cup. It would be pretty sad to see the guy go the way of Iggy as an elite player who never got to take it all home.

I'm glad I live out west and don't have to hate any of these great eastern teams :laugh: I'm watching Bruins-Bolts right now and pulling hard for the Bs just because I want a longer series

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hoping that SJ and the Caps make it out of their respective conferences. Don't care for any of the remaining teams

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Vegas with the division title and a final four finish in their first season. Wow.

Fleury is 8-2, 4 shutouts, 951 save percentage

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think Winnipeg is, on paper at least, a much, much stronger team than Vegas, and will have home ice advantage (assuming Winnipeg closes the deal against Nashville). I think Vegas' run through the Pacific is impressive, but with a bit of an asterisk because of the relative weakness of the Pacific division this year. It's possible that they pull off the unthinkable and keep this run going, but I think the smart money has to be on Winnipeg, who have higher top-end talent and (impressively) better depth than Vegas on paper in every position except goalie.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I have no idea how Vegas is doing this. They're gonna win the Cup

They're fast, they're opportunistic, and they have a hot goalie. I think against a better team, they will be out-chanced because they have weakness on defence. But depending on how Fleury plays against his opposite number, that formula can still work.

In other news, my bracket is in shambles.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
To think I had the Kings taking them out, because they couldn't sustain this in playoffs

I kind of want Vegas to go all the way just to see the meltdowns lol

Reactions: Cyrano

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
To think I had the Kings taking them out, because they couldn't sustain this in playoffs

I kind of want Vegas to go all the way just to see the meltdowns lol

Yeah I had the Kings in five because of the amount of playoff experience on that team, I figured they would find a gear that Vegas didn't have yet. This season will be a pretty remarkable story, even if the Knights don't go all the way.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Knights have been what I expected them to be, but I thought the Ducks and Kings, now fully healthy, would be much better than they were. I did not think LA would suddenly revert back to the Sutter days of offensive ineptitude after scoring well all year.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
This Pens/Caps game has been incredible. Not that I was expecting anything else, but

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
As a big Pens fan I'm not even mad. Can't be after two straight cups, and a good showing this year.

Go Vegas! Pulling for Fleury

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
New narrative: Trotz and Ovechkin have never been past the third round and are therefore still chokers.

PlumpFavoriteAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
It's funny the caps do it the year they're supposedly considerably weaker. All their players are having to dig really deep down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad