GDT: 2018 Playoffs and Bracket Challenge

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's funny the caps do it the year they're supposedly considerably weaker. All their players are having to dig really deep down.
The Sharks and the Blues did the same thing a couple of years ago in the same year. Both teams had been declared past their window of opportunity. They had become weaker on paper, and then all of a sudden they meet in the conference finals, with the Sharks making it to the finals. Happens all the time. At the end of the day, there is nothing that a front office or coaching staff can do to guarantee playoff success. They just have to put their best product on the ice and hope, and you can have better results with a worse team that plays better for no apparent reason at all.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm glad I didn't do a bracket, I never would have predicted these series lol

Hoping for Capitals/Jets but honestly this shit is beyond unpredictable at this point, I won't be surprised with whoever ends up making it out of this round.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hopefully the Caps save us from the darkest timeline that has arisen.

I don't hate the Jets but I also hope they don't win the cup, I'd have rather seen the Sens break the Canadian cup curse.
f*** the Lightning because I'm still salty about 2004
The Knights winning in their first season would be such a kick in the teeth

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
The Preds-Jets series ended up totally overhyped; sure went 7 games but you had one OT game and one 1 goal game. Rest were blowouts. This was not a classic series. Disappointing really.

I think Jets-Knights will be better............let's hope

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hopefully the Caps save us from the darkest timeline that has arisen.

I don't hate the Jets but I also hope they don't win the cup, I'd have rather seen the Sens break the Canadian cup curse.
**** the Lightning because I'm still salty about 2004
The Knights winning in their first season would be such a kick in the teeth

You want Eugene Melnyk getting his greasy paws on the Cup?

I find it hard to dislike anything about the Jets. They never tanked, they built their team through the draft the right way and now they're an absolutely juggernaut that plays offensive hockey.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Washington is kinda 'meh' for me, TB the same except their one cup is one too much. Both teams have elite/good players but as east coast teams they don't play Flames that much so they are definition of 'average interest' for me, and neither hasn't had any good Finns ever.

Winnipeg, why not? At least the Laine vs. Matthews threads would be interesting again :D
I've been happy for Vegas' success, but I'm not sure if I want to see them win the cup. Engelland winning it would be nice though.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You want Eugene Melnyk getting his greasy paws on the Cup?

I find it hard to dislike anything about the Jets. They never tanked, they built their team through the draft the right way and now they're an absolutely juggernaut that plays offensive hockey.
Melnyk is a scummy owner but that makes me sympathaize with Sens fans more than anytbing

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know why it annoyed me so much when Winnipeg started chanting "we want Subban" but it did. I hope Vegas takes this

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I hope OV gets his cup this year. Just an incredible mass of raw physical talent. Either him or Vegas.

Tampa has looked like total crap so far.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think Tampa will look better in Washington. There's been something about road teams lately managing to settle their emotions and just play hockey.

That said, Washington is currently playing a really good team game. But a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that they're always playing with the lead. If Tampa can get themselves on the front foot early in the game instead of getting behind, I think it will make them look a lot better.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Capitals just have that momentum and amped up feeling from beating the Pens. They feel unbeatable now, and they're just playing good hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad