GDT: 2018 Playoffs and Bracket Challenge

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Everyone on my facebook and all of my friends and co workers are genuinely upset at me for cheering against Winnipeg lol

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's weird. Winnipeg and Washington have consistently looked like the better teams in their respective series. This is really proving to be a classic "anything can happen in the playoffs" year.

Reactions: TheJudge

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Winnipeg has really looked better, at least not by much. Haven't seen any of the Tampa/Washington games though

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't think Winnipeg has really looked better, at least not by much. Haven't seen any of the Tampa/Washington games though
I feel like in the parts I've watched, there have been two ways the game can be going. Either it's a sloppy neutral zone battle where neither team is getting good chances, and Vegas is scoring, or Winnipeg is absolutely all over Vegas, and Vegas is scoring. I feel like the Washington series is similar, except there have been stretches of domination for Tampa; just on balance Washington has been dominant for way longer in games than Tampa, and yet Tampa is scoring more goals.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
For every minute of Vegas dominance they have an absolutely horrific turnover that renders it moot though from my perspective, so it doesn't really matter

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It's weird. Winnipeg and Washington have consistently looked like the better teams in their respective series. This is really proving to be a classic "anything can happen in the playoffs" year.

Not true. Vegas has played better. They have way more energy.

The Jets top players looked like they ran out of gas today

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Love what Vegas is doing. I hope Tallon gets his name on the cup if they win.

The main board bitching about how "this is a bad look for the league" or "Vegas was given easy draft rules" makes it all the better.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
showImage

Engelland haters are in shambles.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I legitimately wonder whether this league is rigged sometimes when crazy shit like this happens.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not true. Vegas has played better. They have way more energy.

The Jets top players looked like they ran out of gas today
I didn't get to see the game today. But regarding the other four, I'd definitely say that Vegas often looked better at the start of games (and were consistently able to capitalize on that). But whether they had more energy than Winnipeg or not, it didn't stop them from being on their heels and unable to even clear their zone with possession for massive stretches of every game.

But, they definitely did a good job of limiting odd-man rushes. I said this when we played them in the regular season, but they are very similar in style to the Flames of 2014-15. But Fleury is the reason they are doing so much better than our lame second-round exit. I really think that given the personalities in that room, they can sustain this for more seasons. With the Flames, they spent that 2015 off-season growing an ego and thinking they could relax and not work as hard. I don't think that'll happen with Vegas this off-season, but who knows. It's a style of game that really requires maximum effort or else you end up looking like the 2015-16 Flames.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I still think they're a cinderella team. They'll need to win the cup and have continued success next season for me to change my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->