2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Whileee

May 29, 2010
.5 PPG in a good mens league and late birthday, like the looks of that for sure.
McKenzie has Hallander at #59.

HP (Black Book) has him at #33.

Seems like a stretch for him to be available, but he seems like a good option.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
In case you're playing catch-up with regards to the draft and need to become a master of this prospect class in a relatively short amount of time, I'd like to suggest you read the draft guide of @Magua, who has put up a wonderful, detailed analysis of this year's top prospects. I encourage anyone to take a look at it; from what I've seen, it is definitely worth it.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/maguas-2018-nhl-pseudo-draft-guide.2504603/

Also, something I heard Scott Wheeler mention earlier this week was that there are teams ('at least three or four teams', but also implies that he knows a lot of teams that aren't high on him) who have Ryan Merkley as a 'don't draft' -prospect. I'm not surprised, but I would like to know whether that is due to his defensive shortcomings or potential attitude issues.

E: Wheeler, not Berkshire.

Last edited:
Reactions: koth

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In case you're playing catch-up with regards to the draft and need to become a master of this prospect class in a relatively short amount of time, I'd like to suggest you read the draft guide of @Magua, who has put up a wonderful, detailed analysis of this year's top prospects. I encourage anyone to take a look at it; from what I've seen, it is definitely worth it.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/maguas-2018-nhl-pseudo-draft-guide.2504603/

Also, something I heard Scott Wheeler mention earlier this week was that there are teams ('at least three or four teams', but also implies that he knows a lot of teams that aren't high on him) who have Ryan Merkley as a 'don't draft' -prospect. I'm not surprised, but I would like to know whether that is due to his defensive shortcomings or potential attitude issues.

Sounds like He is a nightmare as far as attitude and his D is atrocious. The major problem is it’s sounds like he has no real interest in getting better at it. His thread over on the draft board is interesting reading, there are some talented Ontario based posters that I respect that know the OHL and want their organizations to have nothing to do with this kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Sounds like He is a nightmare as far as attitude and his D is atrocious. The major problem is it’s sounds like he has no real interest in getting better at it. His thread over on the draft board is interesting reading, there are some talented Ontario based posters that I respect that know the OHL and want their organizations to have nothing to do with this kid.
It seems like the clash of big egos might just harm your team in a much larger scale than most would think. There was a kid called Nikita Popugayev in last year's draft who fell all the way to the fourth round despite great production in the WHL and a massive frame. I think Daximus mentioned that he was reported to have significant attitude issues, which caused him to drop, and seeing as the guy went back to Russia mid-season in 17-18, you've got to wonder whether there were issues behind the scenes.

It's not only about being young and immature either; causing trouble once seems to follow you for the rest of your career, regardless of where you go and how much you mature. A guy like Phil Kessel is a great example of that.

Reactions: ps241

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
So... I've had this website on the shelf for a couple weeks just waiting for draft day. All the shift videos I did over the previous year. Very Euro heavy, especially Swedes. Liam Kirk is in there (I paid $20 per live stream like a sucker), I have a few videos on guys like Jacob Ragnarsson and Martin Fehervary.

There are some guys I'm missing that are ranked fairly high, mainly because there were plenty of scouts to cover North America and my videos weren't needed. But I've been working the past few weeks to try and fill that gap as much as I could.

ProspectShifts.com

Enjoy!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Groulx? Lauko? Ylonen? My hope for Tychonick is gone lol

E: Wheeler, not Berkshire.

Both

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
So... I've had this website on the shelf for a couple weeks just waiting for draft day. All the shift videos I did over the previous year. Very Euro heavy, especially Swedes. Liam Kirk is in there (I paid $20 per live stream like a sucker), I have a few videos on guys like Jacob Ragnarsson and Martin Fehervary.

There are some guys I'm missing that are ranked fairly high, mainly because there were plenty of scouts to cover North America and my videos weren't needed. But I've been working the past few weeks to try and fill that gap as much as I could.

ProspectShifts.com

Enjoy!

Damn, what an awesome website you put together. That must have taken so much time!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's a good time to start that one I think. Looks like it could be similar to 2016 with US center going 1st and Finnish winger 2nd

2nd in that draft is going to be very hard to pin down right now. Kaako could be the kid but he has some fierce competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad