2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the last two weekends I got in my car and tuned to XM NHL network and the hockey prospects radio broadcast happened to be on and both times and they were breaking down Jett Woo in the same segment the moment I tuned in?? This is an hour long show and I landed on the same 3 minute segment twice in a row.........coincidence???

:popcorn:

Reactions: Moon Man

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
serious question.
if you had a pick in the draft and Tkatchuk was still available and was BPA, would you pick him?
i'd honestly be hesitant

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
serious question.
if you had a pick in the draft and Tkatchuk was still available and was BPA, would you pick him?
i'd honestly be hesitant

If he’s BPA why not, he also has potential of being a good Center. All that said I’m not very high on him and he’s likely only be a LW long term which is no need for us(I fact we have so much depth there that potential Top 6’ers are in the AHL atm).

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
:(
With the way 2019 is shaping up. If I was a GM I wouldn't move that pick for much at this point. 2019 is looking reeeeeaaal deep.

Every year is deep(minus, 2017 and we still possible found a couple gems). If we are looking for a RHD we should make the move this year no question but if we are looking at Center than I have to say that’s debatable, I’d take Kotkaniemi or Veleno over any Center(minus Hughes and Newhook if they even stick to Center) on sure proof alone, talent is another question though.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
If he’s BPA why not, he also has potential of being a good Center. All that said I’m not very high on him and he’s likely only be a LW long term which is no need for us(I fact we have so much depth there that potential Top 6’ers are in the AHL atm).
his dad was a shit off the ice, his brother's a shit on the ice. character questions seem to be genetic

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
his dad was a **** off the ice, his brother's a **** on the ice. character questions seem to be genetic

Just because a player is an ass doesn’t mean he doesn’t use it effectively. Look at his brother that ass pulls in allot of PowerPlays because of it.

Reactions: Moon Man

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
By all accounts his brother is a great team-mate and is being talked about as captain potential. I would draft B. Tkatchuk in a heartbeat around the 12-15 range.

Well he won't be around at that range

All you have to remember is that people on these boards where having all sorts of fits about us potentially drafting Tkachuk at 6 before we won the Lotto.

Brady Tkachuk is going to be a good NHL winger and put up a lot of points some day.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Ty Dellandrea isn’t on McKenzie’s list of top 93. He’s a guy that’s in the 20-30 range in a lot of rankings. Pronman has him at 29. Interesting.

I’ve done next to zero research this year outside of Jett Woo, but Dellandrea was one of the guys that stuck out to me in combine interviews.

These are the guys on my short list:
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Bode Wilde
Andrei Svechnikov (obviously)
Gabriel Fortier
Ty Dellandrea
Jett Woo (obviously!)

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I like Durzi as a guy who's fairly likely to still be around at our pick.. I would have had him in my top-60 or so last year and this season has only reinforced that.

I haven't done enough research this year to form any other really strong opinions but there looks to be quite a few interesting european prospects, lots of swedes and a few finns that look pretty good but are hard to place in a specific round.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't see Dellandrea falling past the 30s ...Detroit and MTL have multiple picks in that range and will take him IMO, if he is available.

C's are much deeper in the late 1st-mid 2nd compared to the 1st round, although I think some teams will overdraft Cs b/c of the value of the position.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I like Durzi as a guy who's fairly likely to still be around at our pick.. I would have had him in my top-60 or so last year and this season has only reinforced that.

I haven't done enough research this year to form any other really strong opinions but there looks to be quite a few interesting european prospects, lots of swedes and a few finns that look pretty good but are hard to place in a specific round.
Durzi is an overager. He is also a defenseman who is projected to go in the second round. Guess who else fits this description? Duncan Keith.

Durzi = Keith confirmed. Get him.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Ty Dellandrea is 23rd on Mckenzies list
For flip sake...LOL. I swear I looked up and down that list 15 times and couldn’t see Dellandrea in there. Even tried the search function with my browser. Still didn’t come up. I’m at a loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for pointing that out.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Any good d-men expected to be available for our first pick?

Tychonick, Woo, Perunovich should all be 2nd-3rd round. I'd be very happy getting one or two of those three. Or moving up to grab Merkley. There are definitely options.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Perunovich is a real interesting name to watch out for. Played on the same team as Samberg. He was ok at the World Juniors. Liked him the few times I watched him play at College but he isn't a big guy by any means and his skating is good but not stellar.

Reactions: Rheged

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Tychonick, Woo, Perunovich should all be 2nd-3rd round. I'd be very happy getting one or two of those three. Or moving up to grab Merkley. There are definitely options.
Would like Tychonick, but I think he could be a sneaky late 1st. He's been getting too much attention to be available at 59 imo

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Perunovich is a real interesting name to watch out for. Played on the same team as Samberg. He was ok at the World Juniors. Liked him the few times I watched him play at College but he isn't a big guy by any means and his skating is good but not stellar.
Second this for sure, seems like a Jets style pick.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like him, too.

Would you consider him at #61, or hope you can get him late in the 3rd round?

How does his skating compare to a player like Spurgeon, in your view?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I like him, too.

Would you consider him at #61, or hope you can get him late in the 3rd round?

How does his skating compare to a player like Spurgeon, in your view?

I would consider him at 61 for sure. Very similar player to Spurgeon. It is a matter if he can handle NHL size and speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad