2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don't think McIssac gonna be a top 2 d-man but I think he could be a good 3-4 2 way defensemen. He skate well, good 1st pass, take good decision with the puck and has a good size

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If you think you can teach Kotkaniemi to skate, you might be really high on him.... like really high...

His skating has actually improved through the season. Before about December he was always a half second late getting to where he needed to go. That's really not the case anymore. Watch him man-handle some little U18s this week.

Reactions: WinterLion

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
IF McIssac drop am I the only one who really want him

I've seen a lot of McIsaac. He hasn't really progressed much and is at best a second pairing guy who plays 2nd PK and 2nd PP.

He's a good not great at everything type of guy. Needs to fix his skating posture and get stronger on the puck.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dont like drafting players in the top rounds with skating problems and for sure ND in the 1st couple of rounds if skating needs to improve for them to even make the NHL.

But that is alot different from a guy who has good enough skating and as it is right now could be a top 6 player, with potential for better if his skating improves.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
#3 for NYR's 8 and 29? Eh, guess it depends on who's left.

Going by past years
2017: Heiskanen for Mittelstadt and Jokiharju - Yes
2016: Dubois for A.Nylander and Frederic - No (though it could've been Sergachev and Steel)
2015: Strome for Werenski and Carlsson - Yes
2014: Draisaitl for W.Nylander and Kempe - Close but I take Drai

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Going by past years
2016: Dubois for A.Nylander and Frederic - No (though it could've been Sergachev and Steel)
It also makes a lot of sense to trade up with 29.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
His skating has actually improved through the season. Before about December he was always a half second late getting to where he needed to go. That's really not the case anymore. Watch him man-handle some little U18s this week.

Yeah i can't wait to watch him. I guess Kupari isn't going... it would be fun to compare them...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I have a feeling Timmins would choose Zadina over Svechnikov...

I would really not be disappointed with Zadina

I'm starting to think Zadina is a bit overrated. People **** on Tkachuk for not driving the play, but Zadina is a complimentary piece too

What do you have to go on? He has significantly more offensive flair than Tkatchuk and he was clearly driving his team at the juniors.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Going by past years

Pick 29 isn’t enough to drop down 5 spots in the Top 10. They can give both 28 and 29 for that. They are essentially 2nd rounders. Even then, the Habs have four 2nds. If they had one, sure. But not in their situation.

Reactions: G0bias

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If Brady is anything like Matt, I'm not sure that's the kind of character player this team would benefit from. He's also a winger. If he's our pick, I'm going to be so disappointed.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If Brady is anything like Matt, I'm not sure that's the kind of character player this team would benefit from. He's also a winger. If he's our pick, I'm going to be so disappointed.

Matt faded quite a bit as the season went on as well.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Brady will be a good player and a great complimentary add to a team just experiencing a down year who needs some immediate cheap help on the wings. He'll be a great support piece to push some team going forward, but that isn't the situation Montreal is in. We need to get high upside, if there's a Boqvist there we absolutely need to take him, I'd rather about 10 players before Tkachuk in this draft.

Reactions: le_sean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad