2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
@NotProkofievian do you have any insight on Albin Grewe ? Looks real good.

I emailed a Swedish friend who's involved in Swedish hockey and asked about Grewe, he told me to keep an eye out for Alexander Holtz. Best attacking player from Sweden in a long time. He's 2020 prospect, born in 2002. He also said that Grewe is really good but that Holtz will be better.

Reactions: Andrei79

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
3 players I really want us to draft.

Rasmus Dahlin
Joel Farabee
Rasmus Sandin

Farabee will go mid first round so we need to get another first via Pacioretty?

Sandin will go late first.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I emailed a Swedish friend who's involved in Swedish hockey and asked about Grewe, he told me to keep an eye out for Alexander Holtz. Best attacking player from Sweden in a long time. He's 2020 prospect, born in 2002. He also said that Grewe is really good but that Holtz will be better.

Ever since I saw Holtz' thread on the my board, I've been following him on the score sheet. Guy looks like he'll give Lafreniere a run for his money, he's been scoring everywhere. His scoring this year was ridiculous. Can't wait to watch him next year.

Thanks for the info on Grewe, as well. I was wondering what the pulse was in Sweden because even if this is an exhibition game, he seems very skilled.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not sure if they are comparable, I feel Rantanen has more skill, but he and Kotkaniemi have comparable draft year numbers in the Finnish league.

If you 100% believe he is a centre, you can justify taking him between 4-10.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not sure if they are comparable, I feel Rantanen has more skill, but he and Kotkaniemi have comparable draft year numbers in the Finnish league.

Kotkaniemi is a lot more active and a lot less reliant on his skills. Rantanen is, at times, Pacioretty like. Kotkaniemi is always active and he just works well overall. If there's anything, Kotkaniemi's offense might be more translatable.

Rantanen's claim to fame is his AHL d+1 production though.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Good thing with Kotkaniemi is you can teach skating. And it's probably not that much worse than Rantanen's at 17, if even, who from the little I remember wasn't the best technical skater either.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Zhuravlyov is such a lovely new age defenseman.

Is Bogdan Zhilyakov playing much? He's a beauty dark horse for me.

If he did, I didn't notice it. I saw him paired on Zamula's right, but all of their D got some ice time (Galenyuk, Zhuravlyov, Misyuk, Malyshev, Zamula, Zhilyakov, Okhotyuk, Romanov, Zorkin all played). Galenyuk-Zhuravlyov I would guess had the most (Zhuravlyov was clearly the better defender of the group), then Malyshev and whoever he was paired with (which was usually Misyul).

Other than that, he had an assist on Zavgorodny's PP goal. But it wasn't much of an assist lol. He was mostly paired with Zamula and both did a decent enough job with the time they did play, Zamula moreso than Zhilyakov, who rushed his decisions and was overpowered at times. I'm not putting too much stock into the exhibition games though. I mean Lundkvist was pretty meh and Boqvist was ok, even if clearly the most skilled guy on the ice.

Outside of that, for Sweden, Gustafsson (who I'm not much of a fan of) was probably the best forward with Berggren. Grewe and Hoglander showed some good things. On defense, so did Johansen and Andersson.

Our boy Ishkakov was awesome as usual. Marchenko was very good as well, he also has some great hands and I hope we take a chance on him as his skating is not nearly as bad as some say. Outside of that, Zavgorodny was good again, but I still have my doubts his game ever translates.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Absolutely. If he's a center going forward, he's comfortably the best in the draft(assuming Wahlstrom stays at wing, which I think he will).

And Kotkaniemi's also 9 months younger than Rantanen was.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Still just an exhibition game but another tournament like his last, along with his stellar playoffs, Marchenko is bound to turn some heads.
He needs to stahp right meow. Let them sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad