2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Pretty sure he called the majority of our picks before they happened.

Just let me live in denial for a moment please. Drafting Tkachuk after the season we just had is going to be hard enough. I don't want to accept it until i hear the words come out of Timmins' mouth at the draft podium.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I like Foudy as much as the next guy and I think he's one of the best pure skaters in the whole draft but having him 19th on the NA list just feels wrong to me. I guess the Formenton precedent really works in his favor.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just let me live in denial for a moment please. Drafting Tkachuk after the season we just had is going to be hard enough. I don't want to accept it until i hear the words come out of Timmins' mouth at the draft podium.

At least you know you’re getting an NHL player. I don’t care for him but we’ve seen Yakupov go 1st overall, so it could be much worse.

Just got to find what we like about him because if he’s there it’s probably a guarantee that they take him.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
At least you know you’re getting an NHL player. I don’t care for him but we’ve seen Yakupov go 1st overall, so it could be much worse.

Just got to find what we like about him because if he’s there it’s probably a guarantee that they take him.

Probably. If we dont end up picking top 2 and the team with the 3rd overall has Zadina over Tkachuk, I hope we fall to 5 or 6 and pick Wahlstrom, Boqvist, or Hughes. I won't breath easy until he's off the board.

Tkachuk is the only player I would be gutted if we took with our pick. Everyone else ranked 1-10 I'd be okay with tbh. I just think Tkachuk is super, super overrated. I have him in the 10- 12 range.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Probably. If we dont end up picking top 2 and the team with the 3rd overall has Zadina over Tkachuk, I hope we fall to 5 or 6 and pick Wahlstrom, Boqvist, or Hughes. I won't breath easy until he's off the board.

Tkachuk is the only player I would be gutted if we took with our pick. Everyone else ranked 1-10 I'd be okay with tbh. I just think Tkachuk is super, super overrated. I have him around 10.
He is exactly at 10 for me. Not a fan of him, but we are definitely being too hard on him. He will still be a good player in the NHL. But good isn't going to help this team.

Reactions: le_sean

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Some more Gustafsson, Berggren, Boqvist gudness. And a bomb by Marchenko.

Marchenko-Morozov-Iskhakov line was doing some damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So we have an idea that MB interferes. CJ didnt pick his own assistants and MB made the Chucky not a centre call and we play everyone but Chucky at centre it seemed.

If we take Tkachuk in the 3 to 7 range, is that TT or MB ?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
So, last year, the streams were just uploaded directly to the IIHF website. Is that just not happening this year?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So, last year, the streams were just uploaded directly to the IIHF website. Is that just not happening this year?

They don't have the live stream page this year, but maybe they're waiting for the official games to be underway.

I asked them directly, waiting for a reply.

Reactions: G0bias

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Habs picking 1st getting Rasmus Dahlin, perfect partner for Petry, while Weber & Mete were like gold for the Habs. Having Juulsen, Alzner & Lernout filling out the top seven, is gold too, especially with Brooks coming. All Timmins needs is another 1st between 10th -15th OV, could land Kotkaneimi or Veleno.(Signing UFA Tavares or trade for ROR would certainly improve the center position. Jake Evans/Ryan Poehling are wildcard Centers with the type of drive & passion for the game Gallagher enthralls all hockey fans with.) This summer will be huge for the future of our Habs, getting a great Dman 1st in the draft is optimum, then following that pick with a Top Ten center, would give the Habs center depth. With so many young center prospects due to join either the Habs or Laval, finally we the fans can enjoy watching Audette, Bitten, Pezzetta, Verbeek in the AHL, knowing Ikonen & Vejdemo are developing well in Finland & Sweden respectively. It's been a few decades since the Habs farm system had this type of quality depth at center.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad