2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Its the long arms and long stick. He's the same as Malkin.

Watch his feet at 2:34 in that video. There's no possible way that the opposing defenseman could know he wasn't cutting left. The ''last second'' to go wide was a second ago when he made that move. It's hard to understand how he managed to stay on his skates.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Are you calling Boqvist a kitten ? That's ridiculous.

Do it, please.

Dahlin is like Malkin on defense. There's just no comparison between anyone but Svechnikov in this draft, and in last draft, and in 2016 also. (Ok, maybe Matthews and Laine.)

That's neat.
Nope. Just speaking as a generality.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Smith, Boqvist, and Mete would mean half our d-core were midgets.

Definitely like those players, but I think you can have 2 midgets, 3 is pushing it.
So you decline the chance of having 2 potential #1 dmen just to keep Mete? I'd trade easily trade Mete if it becomes an issue.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
On another note, I would fully support both Boqvist and Smith (if a first were to be traded to us). I'd be happy with Kotkaniemi with that extra pick, too.

But, outside of those (and Wahlstrom with our first, first), nothing really endears me to add another pick unless Kravtsov keeps falling like I think he will. But really, what I want is some combination of Wahlstrom/Kotkaniemi and Boqvist/Smith.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
On another note, I would fully support both Boqvist and Smith (if a first were to be traded to us). I'd be happy with Kotkaniemi with that extra pick, too.

But, outside of those (and Wahlstrom with our first, first), nothing really endears me to add another pick unless Kravtsov keeps falling like I think he will. But really, what I want is some combination of Wahlstrom/Kotkaniemi and Boqvist/Smith.
Wahlstrom and Boqvist is too OP

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Dudas looks really good against the best CHL team.

He's an interesting case. You'd had to think many teams would be scared off because of his size but he has incredible skill. We'll certainly have lots of chances to pick him. Interesting to see where he is on the Habs list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad