2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Hughes has fallen a little bit in my eyes. Love the puck movement, but in defending his own zone and winning physical battles he's got a long, long way to go.

Tkachuk is growing on me. Seems to have some nice chemistry with Poehling too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Adam Boqvist
4. Oliver Wahlstrom
5. Brady Tkachuk
6. Quinn Hughes
7. Zadina

Is all I care about. Zadina amd Hughes i wouldnt be that happy with, the others, id be screaming.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
1. Rasmus Dahlin
2. Andrei Svechnikov
3. Adam Boqvist
4. Oliver Wahlstrom
5. Brady Tkachuk
6. Quinn Hughes
7. Zadina

Is all I care about. Zadina amd Hughes i wouldnt be that happy with, the others, id be screaming.

why not Zadina? He's looked very good in the Q IMO.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The others are just better so far. I dont think he has the tools to be an elite performer like the others. Tkachuk either to be fair, but I feel he brings a lot to the table other than his offense.

Ahhh cheers

I like Tkachuk just because I see big centre and the habs have needed that for so long lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I havent been this excited for a draft since 2012.

I was happy with our first two picks.. getting Galchenyuk and Collberg was sick.

How Galchenyuk was handled and then Collberg unable to bring his skills to a pro game, kinda makes it suck in hindsight.

Thrower pick everyone loved, I was very skeptical of it.. he was about an outright bust as one can get.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I havent been this excited for a draft since 2012.

I see this 2018 draft as a potential turning point, especially with those 4 top 60 picks. And I hope at some point someone will see the light and get some more.

But I also thought 2012 and 2013 would be turning points too.

Cause I believed in that management group.

Now, I'm only scared they'll screw everything up, by trading some of those picks for whatever 'chance' we have to get into playoffs (really hope Molson isn't a total stump here and blocks whatever picks MB would trade), or by screwing these kids development...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I see this 2018 draft as a potential turning point, especially with those 4 top 60 picks. And I hope at some point someone will see the light and get some more.

But I also thought 2012 and 2013 would be turning points too.

Cause I believed in that management group.

Now, I'm only scared they'll screw everything up, by trading some of those picks for whatever 'chance' we have to get into playoffs (really hope Molson isn't a total stump here and blocks whatever picks MB would trade), or by screwing these kids development...

It's going to entirely depend, for me, on who's in charge of this draft.

If we go into the draft with Bergevin again, well, don't get excited about the lottery pick. It will be moved in some stop gap garbage as he tries to compete in the Price-Weber "window" that he doesn't believe in.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
It's going to entirely depend, for me, on who's in charge of this draft.

If we go into the draft with Bergevin again, well, don't get excited about the lottery pick. It will be moved in some stop gap garbage as he tries to compete in the Price-Weber "window" that he doesn't believe in.

This.

I remember MB saying 'It's on me'.

Now it's over him. Now, it's on Molson.

Hope he wakes the f*** up.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
As much as I'm done with MB, I think he's drafted pretty well on the whole. Especially the last two.

His first round picks beside McCarron are all looking really good. Probably the best string of 1st rounders we've had by any regime for as far as I can remember.

I hate to say it but--gulp--I kind of hope he's the one doing the drafting. Flame away.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
As much as I'm done with MB, I think he's drafted pretty well on the whole. Especially the last two.

His first round picks beside McCarron are all looking really good. Probably the best string of 1st rounders we've had by any regime for as far as I can remember.

I hate to say it but--gulp--I kind of hope he's the one doing the drafting. Flame away.

If only Bergevin was involved in the drafting process :P

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
If only Bergevin was involved in the drafting process :P

I have no idea how that drafting bureaucracy plays out. All I know is that despite everything, I think he's done a good job at the draft. The whole meme of him not drafting skill is pretty bogus imo. Either way.

So what's the 2nd round looking like? Any targets?

Reactions: ginomini

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm also confused about Wahlstrom. Is he a C or no? What's he playing as now? Could he be a legit #1 C?
Who knows really. He has the skillset to be a center, great skater, IQ, Passing, shooting, hands... But he seems to be good on the wing. I really don't know.

Plus he's a big dude. Could be the next Petersson to be honest. I have a feeling he probably will fall a bit, but will rise up really really quick when he hits the WJC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad