2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well he attended the combine for interviews but he refused to participate in any of the tests due to fatigue from the World's. But Dobson had just finished leading his team to the Memorial Cup and that's a lot more hockey in the Q plus playoffs plus mem cup. If you had the two close would you take the guy who chose not to show up or the guy who put his fatigue body on the line?

The latter no doubt.......Dobson has that Navy Seal don’t ring the mudda f***in Bell attitude!!

med_1510707621_image.jpg

No quit in Dobson

Hughes on the other hand......

main-qimg-d0c735844189c8d1ac8d2c60573c825a-c

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Here's the thing. They are kids. When Galchenyuk was drafted. He went to the gym the next day to put in work. There's really no way of knowing who will be what later and as we know so many false narratives get created in the NHL about players especially when teams do poorly. What they do today may change when they get millions in their pocket and beautiful women throwing themselves at them and people who look to use and exploit them at every turn.
I don't disagree, but I think in regards to this trade, nowadays you want those boring personalities ala Gallagher etc especially in Montreal.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Well he attended the combine for interviews but he refused to participate in any of the tests due to fatigue from the World's. But Dobson had just finished leading his team to the Memorial Cup and that's a lot more hockey in the Q plus playoffs plus mem cup. If you had the two close would you take the guy who chose not to show up or the guy who put his fatigue body on the line?

Hmmm. Not good on him. I thought you meant didnt compete hard. So didn't compete meant didn't compete at all. Lol.

Size, D, tbis, definitely out of the running at 3rd for me.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't disagree, but I think in regards to this trade, nowadays you want those boring personalities ala Gallagher etc especially in Montreal.

I don't think you do. You get the best players.. period. The media can't do shit unless you let them and Bergevin and Molson let them. Strong leadership trumps mutinies. It's why the Leafs don't chew out their own since Shanahan and Lou got there.

Reactions: Runner77

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think you do. You get the best players.. period. The media can't do **** unless you let them and Bergevin and Molson let them. Strong leadership trumps mutinies. It's why the Leafs don't chew out their own since Shanahan and Lou got there.

It's great isn't it ? Trashing your players in the media make them hate your guts and more importantly is demoralizing. Doesn't help their game at all. That stuff should be private.

Let's see how MB would react if Molson called him a dollard , said the problem is in that office and that there were CHaracter issues. Yeah.

And of course, shoots the crap out of trade value.

Idiot.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think you do. You get the best players.. period. The media can't do **** unless you let them and Bergevin and Molson let them. Strong leadership trumps mutinies. It's why the Leafs don't chew out their own since Shanahan and Lou got there.
I live in Toronto, and they are already feeling heat here. Gardiner was thrown under the bus all over town. Another first round exit and shit will get real. Bottom line is nowadays in these markets you need the stabilist of personalities.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
It's going to depend so much on which teams fall in love with who. He's most probably the 2nd or 3rd D in the draft. It will depend on if the teams want a puck mover with elite skating over a larger body... and a million other things.

You can't envy these scouts this year especially. So many good players grouped so tight. There will be mistakes! Hopefully we don't make them.

Not sure it's even fair to call them mistakes.

Some will meet expectations, some will come close, some won't. Nobody knows who will fall into which group.

Reactions: WinterLion

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
After checking out a bit more Barrett Hayton, he does have good hands nowhere close to best hands in the draft but he does show some propensity to use them with some great edgework. His straight line speed isn't great. He does have a pretty great wrist shot. Not sure I see him as a true C though, his playmaking and vision isn't high level so I worry about him being a puck distributor at the NHL level.

He should actually shoot more. He dishes too much.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
After checking out a bit more Barrett Hayton, he does have good hands nowhere close to best hands in the draft but he does show some propensity to use them with some great edgework. His straight line speed isn't great. He does have a pretty great wrist shot. Not sure I see him as a true C though, his playmaking and vision isn't high level so I worry about him being a puck distributor at the NHL level.
Hayton or Farabee? They look like similar players...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I live in Toronto, and they are already feeling heat here. Gardiner was thrown under the bus all over town. Another first round exit and **** will get real. Bottom line is nowadays in these markets you need the stabilist of personalities.

Price is about as bland and boring as you can get. As is Patches. None of that matters.

Reactions: Runner77

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
I am sorry to be offtopic with this question, but are there places that usually show the draft? I would like to watch it with a friend, but the TV's are going to be taken so looking for a place out to watch it. Thanks!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I am sorry to be offtopic with this question, but are there places that usually show the draft? I would like to watch it with a friend, but the TV's are going to be taken so looking for a place out to watch it. Thanks!
Not sure you will be want to be out on the streets if MB steps up to the mic and selects Tkachuk, fight for your TV, tell them it's a matter of life and death

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Not sure you will be want to be out on the streets if MB steps up to the mic and selects Tkachuk, fight for your TV, tell them it's a matter of life and death
I won't have much left if that happens anyway. I might as well stare at the world burn as I pass away.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I live in Toronto, and they are already feeling heat here. Gardiner was thrown under the bus all over town. Another first round exit and **** will get real. Bottom line is nowadays in these markets you need the stabilist of personalities.

Toronto freaked out on Gardiner because he singlehandedly lost his team a game 7.

Gardiner is a top end skater and well above average in terms of talent but he's psychologically weak and prone to make big mistakes at key moments in the game.

Talent doesn't always make up for other shortcomings.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Isac Lundestrom, Rasmus Kupari and Ryan McLeod scream the same thing to me.

Kupari doesn't scream 3rd liner at all to me, he screams boom or bust. He's insanely talented, way more talented than what his production says. Problem is that usually means there's underlying issues with his game.

Reactions: NoQuinn and G0bias

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Kupari doesn't scream 3rd liner at all to me, he screams boom or bust. He's insanely talented, way more talented than what his production says. Problem is that usually means there's underlying issues with his game.
He's a lottery ticket to be sure. One I'd love to gamble on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad