2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not sure... Didn't consider TSN having a show on TV about it. Make sense I guess.

They do a show about everything it seems

I believe BobbyMac's rankings come out at 12:30pm EST for those who didn't know.

That would be awesome. Would give me something to do at work.

I guess the show is just for Buttons final mock draft ?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs depth at the wings makes getting Zadina(A veritable workhorse type of Sniper/Playmaker) a must have. The Habs have many hard working two way centers that can thrive with great young talented wings like Drouin, Domi, Lehkonen, Hudon & Scherbak, Zadina makes six for a very good top nine. Possible centers are Evans, Poehling, Vejdemo, Danault, JDLR, noting none of those players being what is termed a #1 franchise type. While these centers can provide good two way abilities, leaving their wingers to provide the playmaking / goalscoring needed. Habs certainly won't be a threat to win the SCC without at least one highend centerman, next year maybe??? Still hoping the Habs trade up for another 1st rounder, giving them an opportunity at either Kotkaneimi/Dobson or both preferably.

Having watched Zadina's talented play at the WJHC U/20 last year, passing on his talent would be tragic IMHO!!!... Perhaps the Habs can entice Vancouver to trade their 7th OV or Edmonton their 10th OV, or both then adding a 2nd rounder to move higher, enabling the Habs to draft 3 highend Top Ten prospects. A feat they haven't accomplished in far to long, Habs fans would be ecstatic seeing this type of commitment to (improving/rebuilding/retooling)becoming a truly elite competitor once again. The folly we have endured the last two decades would soon be over, particularly if they can draft one of the elite center prospects in 2019 or 2020.[Alex Lafreniere (LW) as a Hab/Francophone superstar]alongside Drouin, Hudon, Danault & Audette would revive the interest of our fanbase, Not since Guy Lafleur starred as the Habs great in the 70's, have the Habs had a Francophone superstar in their lineup. Go Habs Go!!!...:nod::nod::nod: Can barely stand the waiting for the Entry Draft this Friday & Saturday followed closely by teams being able to have talks with UFA's. Tavares/Carlson/Stastny are three players of interest with the Cap space the Habs have, they could sign at least one UFA, Erik Karlsson could be another.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Anyone with one goal in an OHL season is a no go for me, regardless of size...

Except none of these project to be third liners.

Not saying I want him, but he was pretty good at the U18, moving the puck in a way I never thought he'd be capable of.

One of the few huge dmen of the last drafts I expect to become something noteworthy.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Could be also smoke screen from Habs brass leaked to Engels, who is not really reliable.

Who are they smoke screening? People keep throwing this around. There's two people picking ahead of them and neither of them are taking him. Carolina isn't trading down from two and if someone does that they will take Svech.

So Detroit calls us thinking we want Kotkaniemi and tries to trade for our pick to take him? Once they realize we are willing to do this, they hang up because they realize it's a ruse?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Who are they smoke screening? People keep throwing this around. There's two people picking ahead of them and neither of them are taking him. Carolina isn't trading down from two and if someone does that they will take Svech.

So Detroit calls us thinking we want Kotkaniemi and tries to trade for our pick to take him? Once they realize we are willing to do this, they hang up because they realize it's a ruse?

Maybe, who knows...

One thing for sure, i won't believe any insider info about who they heard we gonna pick. No way Habs will leak that info. They never did.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa

Smoke screening the fans. They're looking to see if we'll hit 1000 pages on this thread.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad