2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
It really is such a drag we missed out on svechnikov by THAT much.. waiting that 1 hour and a half before finding out we were 3 was so enjoyable.. fantasizing about dahlin or svech on the habs... man that reveal hurt, real gut punch

Carolina board couldn't understand the reaction here, in the immediate aftermath.

Surprised they tuned in.

Reactions: Redux91

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Here I was complaining about Smurfville 2.0 earlier & I'd take Berggren over Alex Alex, but only because I don't think Alex is going to have much of an offensive game at the NHL level otherwise I like him a lot too.

Of course, if others thought Alex squared could produce offensively at the NHL level he'd be ranked a lot higher.
I think there's some untapped potential there as the numbers didn't quite reflect the impact he had offensively. He's not averse to jumping in - with some added confidence after experiencing a rough year off the ice, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees a big jump in production. The tools and instincts are there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What about WJC production? Zadina went a G/GP while Svech went Ofer

I can't roll my eyes enough at this one especially since it's been explained to you a thousand times.

Pacioretty didn't score at all in the WJC, guess he will never score at the NHL level and definitely won't score more than the leading goal scorers of that tournament.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I can't roll my eyes enough at this one especially since it's been explained to you a thousand times.

Pacioretty didn't score at all in the WJC, guess he will never score at the NHL level and definitely won't score more than the leading goal scorers of that tournament.
So instead you put every stock in a junior season where Svech played with familiar faces and more talent...

I'm not the one using production as an argument here. I think Zadina is the better scorer because he's the more determined scorer and scores in more ways.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Doesn't it bother anybody that the Kotkaniemi, the long-awaited centerman that we are picking over several more highly rated wingers and defensemen, played on the wing for the entire season last year. Sounds like another "centerman of the future" we picked 3OA not so long ago.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Doesn't it bother anybody that the Kotkaniemi, the long-awaited centerman that we are picking over several more highly rated wingers and defensemen, played on the wing for the entire season last year. Sounds like another "centerman of the future" we picked 3OA not so long ago.
It'll be interesting to see how it's spun as another nail in MBs coffin when all the draft gurus here were hoping for it...

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

No one's mentioned it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
2018 NHL Mock Draft | 2018 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

If the second round was top be similar to this. Who would be your two picks with the 35 and 38 ?
Woo, Tychonick, Beaudin or Addison ?
Oloffson, Foudy or Hallander ?

Other ?

Hållander and Ylönen. I would be so pissed at the rest of the picks unfolding the way they did, though. Foudy, Eriksson, Tychonick, Olofsson and Addison are all either in my first 31, or ahead of 35.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So instead you put every stock in a junior season where Svech played with familiar faces and more talent...

I'm not the one using production as an argument here. I think Zadina is the better scorer because he's the more determined scorer and scores in more ways.

No, I put stock in how a player plays. You said production doesn't matter but then use the WJC which is an incredibly small sample.. to say Zadina is better? Also a prospects game?

How does Zadina score in more ways? He scores in two ways. And who's the more talent Svechs teams? The Moose had Somppi, Fortier, Barron, Parent, McIsaac Groulx Lavoie. Two NHL prospects, Barron and Lavoie who will be very high picks. Parent who will be a NHL draft pick. Groulx and Mcisaac who I may not be huge fans of will be first and second round picks.

Svech is better than Zadina. He can score in more ways than Zadina. he's more dynamic and he's flat out better. It's not debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad