Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Thoughts on Alexeyev, and will it be worth pick 30/31.

The more research I do for this draft, the more I want us to load up on D with our top 4 picks. My personal strategy would be to pick a D at 6, and another at 30/31, and then another D with one of our 2 2nd round picks. After that I'd gamble on high-skill players in the later rounds.

If Sandin is available at 30/31 I do not hesitate there and take him, but I don't think he makes it there, so Alexeyev seems like a possible player to target there

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, and I was just playing devil's advocate with that post... I also am gunning for one of those defenseman. But I do get the feeling Kotkaniemi is being undervalued in this draft a little, he is probably the top center, and Pronman did recently rank him #4. I am curious to see where he comes in with Bob's final ranking in June.

I remember Elias Pettersson being 9-10 in most ranks and average ranks a year ago. Because that was the spot for our pick.

But then Vancouver comes and takes him 5th. Year later, it doesn't look a bad move at all.

But he was drafted too early!

These players are so close.

I think I could take a forward with the 6th overall and then 3 defencemen with that 30-33-36 pack.

Reactions: NickH8

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

The more research I do for this draft, the more I want us to load up on D with our top 4 picks. My personal strategy would be to pick a D at 6, and another at 30/31, and then another D with one of our 2 2nd round picks. After that I'd gamble on high-skill players in the later rounds.

If Sandin is available at 30/31 I do not hesitate there and take him, but I don't think he makes it there, so Alexeyev seems like a possible player to target there

I think he is the most underrated defensemen in the draft and projects really, really well as a pro. I would take him at 30/31 without giving it a second thought. He has been very out of sight, out of mind for a while now. I think he would be a really good compliment to a Hughes or Boqvist pick under your strategy. I personally don't think Sandin skates well enough for his size, but that is just me. He is free to prove me wrong.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

I’d like Alexeyev with one of the 2nds. I doubt Sandin will be there as he seems to be rising quite a bit on lists. I think Sandin, McIsaacs, Samuelsson, and Miller are all LHD that will go above Alexeyev.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think he is the most underrated defensemen in the draft and projects really, really well as a pro. I would take him at 30/31 without giving it a second thought. He has been very out of sight, out of mind for a while now. I think he would be a really good compliment to a Hughes or Boqvist pick under your strategy. I personally don't think Sandin skates well enough for his size, but that is just me. He is free to prove me wrong.
I agree, I want AA.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think Holland makes a couple of trades at the draft, players for players or sending roster players for picks. I think that Nyqvist, Athanasiou and Ouellet would be trade bait, although the latter doesn't have much of a value.

I think teams interested would be San Jose (looking for bottom D help), Arizona (previous trades and Domi could be looking for a fresh start) and Edmonton (Klefbom is a rumoured name on the block and they are in a win-now mode).

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Draftin Europe (scouting service) top ten prospect list from April

2018 Draft April Top 10 – Draftin Europe

RANKPLAYERPOSITIONNATIONTEAMVALUE
1Rasmus DahlinDSWEFrolunda (SHL)1st overall
2Jesperi KotkaniemiW/CFINAssat (Liiga)top 8
3Grigori DenisenkoLWRUSLoko (MHL)top 15
4Vitali KravtsovRWRUSTraktor (KHL)top 15
5Jacob OlofssonCSWETimra (Allsvenskan)Top 20
6Adam BoqvistDSWEBrynas (J20)Top 20
7Martin KautW/CCZEPardubice (CZE)Top 20
8Jesse YlonenRWFINEspoo (Mestis)1st
9Filip HallanderLW/RWSWETimra (Allsvenskan)1st
10Dominik BokkRWGERVaxjo (J20)1st
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Draftin Europe (scouting service) top ten prospect list from April

2018 Draft April Top 10 – Draftin Europe

RANKPLAYERPOSITIONNATIONTEAMVALUE
1Rasmus DahlinDSWEFrolunda (SHL)1st overall
2Jesperi KotkaniemiW/CFINAssat (Liiga)top 8
3Grigori DenisenkoLWRUSLoko (MHL)top 15
4Vitali KravtsovRWRUSTraktor (KHL)top 15
5Jacob OlofssonCSWETimra (Allsvenskan)Top 20
6Adam BoqvistDSWEBrynas (J20)Top 20
7Martin KautW/CCZEPardubice (CZE)Top 20
8Jesse YlonenRWFINEspoo (Mestis)1st
9Filip HallanderLW/RWSWETimra (Allsvenskan)1st
10Dominik BokkRWGERVaxjo (J20)1st
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Olofsson ahead of Boqvist, yeah right

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I think Holland makes a couple of trades at the draft, players for players or sending roster players for picks. I think that Nyqvist, Athanasiou and Ouellet would be trade bait, although the latter doesn't have much of a value.

I think teams interested would be San Jose (looking for bottom D help), Arizona (previous trades and Domi could be looking for a fresh start) and Edmonton (Klefbom is a rumoured name on the block and they are in a win-now mode).

I always hope for trades by us, that aren't trades we have to make, like the Riley Sheahan trade, but I feel like it will be just typical swapping picks in the draft like we always (Kenny) do.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I always hope for trades by us, that aren't trades we have to make, like the Riley Sheahan trade, but I feel like it will be just typical swapping picks in the draft like we always (Kenny) do.
Holland got a lot of pics , never , happened before. Thinks are changing in Hockey town now

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Holland got a lot of pics , never , happened before. Thinks are changing in Hockey town now
They had the same number of picks last year, and I didn't like their draft at all. I'm much more encouraged by both this draft class and the stock that Detroit has in 2018, but that doesn't guarantee they'll make great use of it. Hopefully they do.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
They had the same number of picks last year, and I didn't like their draft at all. I'm much more encouraged by both this draft class and the stock that Detroit has in 2018, but that doesn't guarantee they'll make great use of it. Hopefully they do.
Oh yeah ,they have 4 from 3rd round. I trust.Holland he will get us at list 3 nhlers, at next draft

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I don’t think you will get much outrage if the Wings pick Bouchard.
Yeah, I second that. He's certainly not the guy I'd pick out of the three that are projected to be on the board but it's very hard not to see the appeal in someone's reasoning when watching him play.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

he played 2 season and miss about half of the games every season . There are Nils Lundkvist , jet woo, Kevin Bahl

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Already preparing for the outrage and fallout when we pick Bouchard when we should've picked Dobson.
Sounds like there will be mixed reactions no matter who we take. On the prospect board there's people saying Wings are dumb if they don't take Hughes (if available). Some rank Bouchard high, others rank him outside the top 10. Dobson is seen as safe/boring by some, by others as the best of the non-Dahlin D. Then there's Wahlstrom and Boqvist.

What I'm preparing for is that Tkachuk falls into our laps and we grab him and run, causing outrage here.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
What I'm preparing for is that Tkachuk falls into our laps and we grab him and run, causing outrage here.

just hypothesising and speculating, but if tkachuk fell to us, would people be willing to trade back for no9 if NYR also gave us one of their two late first round picks (26th or 28th)? with david quinn taking over there, i expect there's a chance he would like to be reunited with his BU star. at least one of the top-rated d-men will still be there at 9...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad