Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
Is there any goalies you want to draft?

drafting goalies is always a risky business and you don't really know what you're getting, but although Jakub Škarek is still pretty raw, he has heaps of potential and would be my choice. he played czech top division hockey last year, and has been a semi-regular for his senior team for the last 3 seasons. considering he is only 18 now, that in itself is pretty impressive. however, i think someone will snap him up in the 2nd round.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
he played 2 season and miss about half of the games every season . There are Nils Lundkvist , jet woo, Kevin Bahl

I don't like Bahl. I've seen him live 3 times and wasn't impressed. I know this is very small of a sample size, but he just doesn't do it for me. He looks lanky/awkward when he's on the ice, and I see no high end skills. If he makes the NHL, I project him to be stay at home 3rd pair guy, which isn't worth a first rounder.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't like Bahl. I've seen him live 3 times and wasn't impressed. I know this is very small of a sample size, but he just doesn't do it for me. He looks lanky/awkward when he's on the ice, and I see no high end skills. If he makes the NHL, I project him to be stay at home 3rd pair guy, which isn't worth a first rounder.

He looked pretty good at the U18’s. Our scouts will probably pick him just because he’s big.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He looked pretty good at the U18’s. Our scouts will probably pick him just because he’s big.

I like Adam Samuelsson the best of the massive d-man. He is a lot better skater in my opinion.

I don't think he is ever more than a Jonathan Ericsson a passable second pairing stay at home pk guy, a great third pairing guy. But I would take that project on, we might be able to get him with one of our thirds as well

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like Adam Samuelsson the best of the massive d-man. He is a lot better skater in my opinion.

I don't think he is ever more than a Jonathan Ericsson a passable second pairing stay at home pk guy, a great third pairing guy. But I would take that project on, we might be able to get him with one of our thirds as well
I wouldn’t mind him or Slava Demin in the 3rd. Also kind of hoping we grab Tyler Weiss.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Any idea how the 2020 draft is shaping up? With Z and Kronwall retiring at the end of next season, the Wings will be in great shape to end up with a top three pick. I figure they draft 6-9 again next season and then they potentially draft their first core player with the 2020 pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any idea how the 2020 draft is shaping up? With Z and Kronwall retiring at the end of next season, the Wings will be in great shape to end up with a top three pick. I figure they draft 6-9 again next season and then they potentially draft their first core player with the 2020 pick.

Reactions: WingedWheel1987

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
there is this kid Bulat Shafigullin , I like his name , Jets might get him . he is probably 3rd rounder winger . he is in the right spot all the time , kind like Bert , but better hands and less grit
Another passible 5-7round pick from Slovakia OLIVER OKULIAR was very impressive at wjc

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How do you guys/gals feel about taking Mascherin with one of our third rounders.

I think he has NHL qualities and just didn't want to join the Panthers. Heavy shot and plenty of skill.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
just hypothesising and speculating, but if tkachuk fell to us, would people be willing to trade back for no9 if NYR also gave us one of their two late first round picks (26th or 28th)? with david quinn taking over there, i expect there's a chance he would like to be reunited with his BU star. at least one of the top-rated d-men will still be there at 9...
Assuming there were still enough great prospects on the board that one would be there at 9, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Dobson capped off his resume with a Memorial Cup win. I dunno if he'll win MVP, but he should be in the conversation. How much do you think this affects his draft stock? We're definitely going to hear "Noah Dobson is a winner" from now on.

Edit: Sam Steel won MVP.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Dobson capped off his resume with a Memorial Cup win. I dunno if he'll win MVP, but he should be in the conversation. How much do you think this affects his draft stock? We're definitely going to hear "Noah Dobson is a winner" from now on.

Edit: Sam Steel won MVP.
He probably go before #6

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Trade proposal , I just saw on YouTube . Redwings #6 for nyi #11and 12. . What do you think?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Trade proposal , I just saw on YouTube . Redwings #6 for nyi #11and 12. . What do you think?
Personally I'm not a fan. I think we need elite talent and this draft has a clear top 9 that I don't want to move out of. If you're lucky you get Ty Smith and Joe Veleno at 11 and 12 which is nice, but I'd rather take our kick at the 1 D can.

Reactions: njx9

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Personally I'm not a fan. I think we need elite talent and this draft has a clear top 9 that I don't want to move out of. If you're lucky you get Ty Smith and Joe Veleno at 11 and 12 which is nice, but I'd rather take our kick at the 1 D can.

I am with you on this one. I think there is a pretty big talent drop after 10. I would only consider it if we see a real off the board pick in the top 5.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am with you on this one. I think there is a pretty big talent drop after 10. I would only consider it if we see a real off the board pick in the top 5.
I think the same. We should get best available defansman, in this order #1 Dobson, #2 Evan Bouchard.#3Quinton Hughes. Dahlin, Svechnikov, zadina will be gone at that point

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
At 6, I would prefer Bouchard or Dobson. At 30 or 31. I'm hoping for Miller. Then its Samuelsson and Alexeyev or McIssac.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I finally saw the game that just ruined Merkley for me. Do not want. I don't really like Quinn Hughes because he's too much of a rover for my tastes, but Merkley is a LOT worse. In this game Guelph was sheltering him so completely that he wasn't even formally playing what you would call the defense position. In the defensive zone, you would have the LD and a forward back defending, the forward doing his best impression of a defenseman, and Merkley's up high hanging out with the other team's defensemen... and he wasn't even good at that. He would just watch stuff happen. No, no, no.

I mean, he had a sick assist where he perfectly placed a rebound for a tap-in goal, but no. It's not worth it.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

I hope you meant Mattias because Adam is an awful skater, even at his size, and has little skill with the puck. I have no interest in big guys who can't skate.

I like your idea of Mascherin in the third better. I am not sure how he will transition to the pro game, but I would pay a third rounder to find out.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How do you guys/gals feel about taking Mascherin with one of our third rounders.

I think he has NHL qualities and just didn't want to join the Panthers. Heavy shot and plenty of skill.

I forgot about him, but that's probably a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad