Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or another about Lundestrom or Olafsson? I am trying to figure out if they would project as centers at the NHL level.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or another about Lundestrom or Olafsson? I am trying to figure out if they would project as centers at the NHL level.

From what I've read Lundstrom doesn't have a very high ceiling. Good at a lot, high compete, but more of a role player.

He might end up a center, but I think you're looking at a 3rd line center at most IMO.

Oalfsson, I don't know much about.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I've seen Lundeström maybe 5-10 times in the last 2 years and seen him make some incredible creative and skilled plays in the SuperElit. So it's confusing when people say he doesn't have upside, but I probably need to watch more to see what he's really about.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
This will be the deepest draft in recent memory, Any one drafted from 1-10 is going to be a special player so we should still get a very good player.

If the Red Wings miss the playoffs they're getting the pick where Svechnikov is supposed to go. It's just too good to not happen. Although getting Dahlin would be better.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I've seen Lundeström maybe 5-10 times in the last 2 years and seen him make some incredible creative and skilled plays in the SuperElit. So it's confusing when people say he doesn't have upside, but I probably need to watch more to see what he's really about.

I thought he must have a lot going for him with that much SHL experience in his draft -1 year. I also know that we was playing up in the WJSS this summer, but I have absolutely no recollection of him at that event.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Thoughts on Kupari and Kotkaniemi? Olofsson and Hallander?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I haven't really focused on 2018 guys yet, Lundeström is just someone who stood out to me many times in the past 2 yrs.

No worries, check back with you later in the season :)

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Wilde
4. Woo
5. McIsaac
6. Smith
7. Merkley
8. Zadina
9. Kupari
10. Wahlstrom

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I haven't seen a lot of the players and it's so early but my list would look like:
1. Dahlin
2. Svech
3. Boqvist
4. McIsaac
5. Woo
6. Wilde
7. Merkley
8. Veleno
9. Hughes
10. Zadina
But I expect this will change drastically over the course of the season. I also really want a cerebral and high-skill D. Boqvist is the realistic best case scenario for me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kind of early to rank them...

But guys I’m hoping for - Dahlin, Svech, Merkley, Boqvist, Smith, Veleno, Woo, Wahlstrom, Wilde.

Really no interest in wingers that aren’t named Svechnikov... except maybe Tkachuk. Kind of hoping for Merkley, personally.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ok jet woo is not that good. I've seen him play over 30 times. Let's get real

Ok, well he’s a highly ranked prospect by virtually all of the scouting services.

So your opinion goes against the consensus, so if you feel that way maybe it would help to explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark