2018 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Send #11 and #12 to VAN for #7 (maybe something else involved in the deal). Send #7 to OTT as part of a deal for Karlsson. OTT can then let COL have their #4 pick this year so they don't have losing a lottery pick hanging over them all year next year.

SDIsles34

Jul 19, 2010
Send #11 and #12 to VAN for #7 (maybe something else involved in the deal). Send #7 to OTT as part of a deal for Karlsson. OTT can then let COL have their #4 pick this year so they don't have losing a lottery pick hanging over them all year next year.

Sounds easy enough!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Will it take 11 AND 12 to move up 4 spots? That seems like a lot.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
That's dumb overpayment.

Exactly. I would love to trade up to get One of Dobson/Hughes/Boquist and than maybe move our 12th pick for a defenseman, or even move down to recoup the lost picks for moving up.

7th overall+5th round pick for 11, 41, and a 3rd round pick.

Than move back from 12th to 14-17 range to add a second back.

Reactions: islesfan66

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Why not trade the picks directly to Ottawa? They can figure out what to do with them (maybe move up from 4?).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Will it take 11 AND 12 to move up 4 spots? That seems like a lot.
Yeah, that's why I included the bolded: "Send #11 and #12 to VAN for #7 (maybe something else involved in the deal)."

I probably should have said "maybe something else coming back to us". It was really just the framework of a deal. But yeah, #11 and #12 for #7 is an overpayment. Does VAN have a 2nd round pick they can add? Sure, let's do that. But let's not also kid ourselves about the fact that there does seem to be a bit of a drop after the top 8 or 9, so moving up 4 is kind of a big deal.

I previously have suggested including our #11 and #12 in a deal with OTT for Karlsson. The idea is that OTT could then let COL have their #4 pick this year. But I'm sure the #7 would be much more appealing to OTT if they're going to give up #4. I think people are not considering what a bad spot OTT is in with the 1st round pick they owe to COL. COL gets either their #1 this year or next. It would stink for OTT to give up the #4 pick this year. But if they don't then they HAVE to give up next year's 1st. And if they deal Karlsson that would probably be a high lottery pick and may end up being #1 in a year with a potentially great #1. I've seen "experts" suggesting that VGK is a favorite to trade for Karlsson, but VGK has no 1st round pick this year. If OTT trades Karlsson, a high 1st rounder this year would be one of (if not THE) top chips they'd be looking for.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I'm gonna disagree with this.

Expect Hayton to EXPLODE next winter.

Expect Veleno to get back to the status he had coming into the season. I feel he made the draft year drop that we saw from i.e. Nylander in his draft year.

However, after these three and maybe Lundestrom, I'm going to agree with your sentiment above.

And even with Kotkaniemi included, this is not the draft where you get a 1st line center.

Well, the fun thing is we can revisit this in a few years. :)

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So Edmonton is looking to trade 10th overall for a defenseman.

If Chia can pull it off, wouldn't it be a fair assumption to make that the team acquiring 10th overall is fairly comfortable with their defensive depth? As in, they're making the trade to grab someone like Farabee, Hayton, Velano, even Kravtsov and leaving a Bouchard or Boqvist on the board to slide to 11?

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
So Edmonton is looking to trade 10th overall for a defenseman.

If Chia can pull it off, wouldn't it be a fair assumption to make that the team acquiring 10th overall is fairly comfortable with their defensive depth? As in, they're making the trade to grab someone like Farabee, Hayton, Velano, even Kravtsov and leaving a Bouchard or Boqvist on the board to slide to 11?

Is Mayfield too much? Maybe they add a 2nd rounder?

Reactions: periferal

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
11, 41, next years 3rd for #7...select Dobson, Bouchard, Wahlstrom, Hughes in that order

Trade #12 back to the late teens and recoup a 2nd rounder, select K'Andre Miller, Joel Farabee, Serron Noel, Vitaly Kravtsov in that order

#43 select Jacob Olofsson, Adam Ginning, Jake Wise in that order

Reactions: islesfan66 and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
11, 41, next years 3rd for #7...select Dobson, Bouchard, Wahlstrom, Hughes in that order

Trade #12 back to the late teens and recoup a 2nd rounder, select K'Andre Miller, Joel Farabee, Serron Noel, Vitaly Kravtsov in that order

#43 select Jacob Olofsson, Adam Ginning, Jake Wise in that order

I can dig this.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
11th for 7th and on July first we will put Ladd on Waivers and if Canucks pick him up we will give him our first next year

Reactions: IODCPiper

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
I think the team will still have a first round pick when all is said and done, but I will be pretty surprised if the Isles draft in the 11 and 12 spots or higher tomorrow.

Reactions: periferal

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
For those interrested, it seems that the Habs wont select Quinn Hughes. Trevor Timmins just said that he doubt about Hughes potential to be good defensively as a D-man in the NHL! He said he has good offensive potential, but he doubt about his defense. Looks like the Habs are going to select either Zadina, Tkachuk or Kotkaniemi. So no surprise there if it's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad