2018 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
well if we've gotta miss the playoffs hopefully at least calgary does as well so we can have 2 chances to move up

Reactions: IODCPiper

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I'm looking at this big kid with soft hands that plays tough. #44 from Sudberry. Named Todd Bertuzzi. oooops that's 1993.....wait, what year is it now? How many drafts are we going to have to go through.....
It's Groundhog Day didn't you know.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Draft watchers, a SJ poster suggested a trade involving Dell+Martin,asking for either both 2nds or a late 1st.

How deep is this draft?
Would the isles want to hold onto both 2nds or the later of their 1sts?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
No, but we can be lucky (for a change) at the lottery!

In 2000 we won the lottery and jumped up to 1st and picked DP instead of Heatley or Gaborik. Everyone knows this.
But in 2001 we were last place by 7 points to the next closest team. Atlanta won the lottery and jumped ahead for Kovalchuk.We made the Yashin trade and the rest is history. There could not possibly be anyway we would have traded the #1 overall and Chara for Yashin. Kovalchuk was the pick . The isles were partly responsible if not mostly for Kovy and the Fn All Star being together.

For the isles the upper part of the draft has proven to be a failExcept Potvin , Harris, and gillies but that was before Atari and cable. And of courses JT and Patty Lafontaine

Last edited:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Defense.

Evan Bouchard
Bode Wilde
Jared McIssac

If we’re in the top10 -Boqvist Zadina Tkachuk

If we win the lottery- Dahlin

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Draft watchers, a SJ poster suggested a trade involving Dell+Martin,asking for either both 2nds or a late 1st.

How deep is this draft?
Would the isles want to hold onto both 2nds or the later of their 1sts?

Deep. Tons of Defense and talent. The first 2 rounds could yield some great players.

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
Someone on this board said I was classless for openly saying that I wanted Calgary to lose every game.

id actually say it makes you intelligent... I'm not saying i hope they have injuries or anything i just hope they lose a lot of games therefore sending us a good pick

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Someone on this board said I was classless for openly saying that I wanted Calgary to lose every game.

I want them to lose every game too. It’s in our best interest. I just want them to do it healthy. I don’t agree with how buffalo fans were making game day threads for our games and rooting for our best players to get injured. That’s classless.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Well, if Snow has to move Tavares by the trade deadline, then this spring should be all about the draft.

Which doesn't have to be bad, because this draft is looking to be a doozy. And the last few have already been pretty good. We've currently got 4 picks in the first two rounds.

We've got a lot of good pieces already and adding a huge haul in a draft this highly touted may just be the catapult the franchise has desperately needed, especially if moving Tavares would bring back a first and a blue chipper, hopefully either up the middle or on the blueline.

As for me, heading into the season, my eyes were on Quinn Hughes as the player I'd most like to see the Isles end up with after the first round.

Last year it was Mittelstadt. The year before Sam Steel. The years before Hanifin and Nylander.

Kind of exciting knowing that this team currently has two firsts.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Putting Tavares aside, the best thing for this franchise is to keep these picks in this years draft. Unless we can make a move for a young, controllable top4 dman, we need these picks. This team has some good parts, but we all know it has many flaws. I know it is tempting to throw those pieces away in a desperate attempt to turn this slop into a Cup Contender to please JT, but honestly it’s not the best thing for the franchise long term.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
A lot of love for the defense in this draft but I am thinking Svechnikov. An elite first line right winger. Would love him with Barzal and Bellows. Or Tavares if Bailey is allowed to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad