Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
He’s not gonna be fun to play against.
Have you watched Simmonds actually play this year? He’s not the Simmonds of old. The moment that defines his season to me is when he lost a board battle to PEB to lose the game in the last minute against Vegas.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Have you watched Simmonds actually play this year? He’s not the Simmonds of old. The moment that defines his season to me is when he lost a board battle to PEB to lose the game in the last minute against Vegas.
Yea but I could see him being really disappointed if he gets traded. Although it’s business I think that would motivate him to come back a lot better.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Has anyone here seen any of these guys:

D K'Andre Miller
D Jonny Tychonick
D Mattias Samuelsson
F Dominik Bokk

I've seen them ranked in the back half of the first in numerous mocks but I'm not finding much about them. I saw one mock compare Tychonick to Ghost and it got me curious.
Disregard, it was Scott Perunovich I saw compared to Ghost, not Tychonick.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hopefully it's injuries rather than him being cooked.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jack Hughes picked up his 99th point on the year tonight. The U18’a finished their USHL schedule & will head off to the U18’s to close out the year.

Hughes will become the fourth player in the USNDTP history to reach 100 points with another point. Matthews (117), Keller (107), & Kane (102) are the other players. They all did it in their second year with the program. In Kane’s case he did in a lesser league when they used to play in the NAHL instead of the USHL as well.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I’d be interested to see what return we could get if we packaged both of our firsts together this year. Either get a blue chip forward prospect or move into the top ten?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I’d be interested to see what return we could get if we packaged both of our firsts together this year. Either get a blue chip forward prospect or move into the top ten?

I’d be surprised if one of those picks isn’t traded for a player that can step in and help immediately. We will likely be contenders well before those two picks can make a significant impact.

Even with mediocre goaltending, this team should be fighting for the Metro next season.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I’d be surprised if one of those picks isn’t traded for a player that can step in and help immediately. We will likely be contenders well before those two picks can make a significant impact.

Even with mediocre goaltending, this team should be fighting for the Metro next season.

I guess the counter argument to that is that we don’t want to just build one good team. We want to have a system that is perpetually producing good new cost-controlled talent that will allow us to trade away existing talent for more draft picks whilst continuing to ice a great product. Look at Tampa, they keep bringing up new guys.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

Konecny made the team the second season after his draft and has had a significant impact in his draft year plus 3. So 2020-2021. That seems like a good time to add some cheap impact talent to this roster.

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
Has anyone seen Kravtsov play? The talk about him lately has gotten me intrigued, and his production looks nice.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Whoever we get I'll be hopefully optimistic about and portray them on the main boards as being way better than they actually are, despite only viewing them twice.
tenor.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have heard for the last year that this is suppose to be such a great deep draft but the closer i look i am finding more holes in some of the players than i thought i would . To me this draft is way behind 2015 and similar but slightly behind 2016. Is it just me or what do you guys think?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I have heard for the last year that this is suppose to be such a great deep draft but the closer i look i am finding more holes in some of the players than i thought i would . To me this draft is way behind 2015 and similar but slightly behind 2016. Is it just me or what do you guys think?

2016 is very similar to 2018.

Top franchise player at #1.
Top goal scorer at #2.
A Tkachuk brother picked in the top 10 both drafts.

2016 fell off around ~9, and it looks like 2018 will do the same.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He won’t fall.

Simmonds doesn’t have that value alone.

Teams almost never trade top 10 picks, let alone top 5. It’s always a pipe dream. Value wouldn’t be worth it probably if a team did. I say this as a big Zadina fan. He’s not as toolsy, but he is smarter than Svech.

Just going to settle for 15-18 picks probably. It’s not a bad spot in the draft IMO. Get the overhyped players out of the way (of which there are a handful) and snag steals before the draft sinks in the late 1st. Room to trade up/down a few spots too.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He won’t fall.

Simmonds doesn’t have that value alone.

Teams almost never trade top 10 picks, let alone top 5. It’s always a pipe dream. Value wouldn’t be worth it probably if a team did. I say this as a big Zadina fan. He’s not as toolsy, but he is smarter than Svech.

Just going to settle for 15-18 picks probably. It’s not a bad spot in the draft IMO. Get the overhyped players out of the way (of which there are a handful) and snag steals before the draft sinks in the late 1st. Room to trade up/down a few spots too.
I think it depends where he falls to if a trade is possible. Most mocks have him top five (if not top three), so let's say he falls to six or seven. That's probably Detroit/Edmonton/Isles area. The Oilers I could see moving the pick for Simmer and our two firsts. The question is would the Flyers do that? I wouldn't. I see this draft as a lot of similar caliber players from 10-32 so I am more inclined to move back with one of the picks than forward, barring anyone big falling far.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have visions of trading Simmonds for another 1st and walking away with 2 forwards and a Dman from this 1st Rd.

Then, the pipeline is complete and I look to trade our 2nd for a 3rd liner that can help us next year....ideally a C that can move to wing if need be.

I would walk away quite happy if that happened at the draft.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have visions of trading Simmonds for another 1st and walking away with 2 forwards and a Dman from this 1st Rd.

Then, the pipeline is complete and I look to trade our 2nd for a 3rd liner that can help us next year....ideally a C that can move to wing if need be.

I would walk away quite happy if that happened at the draft.

Lol..Hextall trading a pick for an NHL player? Surely you jest.

The Future Is Never.

Reactions: mmvvpp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad