2018 NHL Draft: Russian Prospects - 2017/18 Season (Midterm updated)

Kuz

May 11, 2015
We do now: Alexeyev, Denisenko, Khovanov, Kravtsov and Svechnikov.

What do you think of Khovanov now?
He was considered one of the best russians before this season, but injuries have made him play few games and drop a lot in the rankings. He might be a good choice later in the draft I guess?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
What do you think of Khovanov now?
He was considered one of the best russians before this season, but injuries have made him play few games and drop a lot in the rankings. He might be a good choice later in the draft I guess?

From a small annual write-up that I plan to finish rather soon.

6. C Alexander Khovanov (Moncton Wildcats, QMJHL)

Cerebral playing style playmaker, not afraid to dictate the tempo and take the initiative into his own hands when it matters. Definitely can handle that puck and, while being a pass-first player, isn't shy to put it into the net too. Not a greatly athletically gifted player, as his skating at a rather modest size is not where you would like it to be.

Didn't have a great season, but it's already good that he was able to properly play this year at all after his illness. With that being said, it's a certain risk, as it is hard to estimate where his development is at this current point. Especially if talking about physical and defensive aspects of his game - those didn't look great, but how much of that is due to actual flows in his game and how much the illness and ruined offseason is affecting that? So yes, the question here is how much are you willing to bet on him, I personally probably would go for a late second round pick.

Also I'm really hoping to see the Combine results for him, as this is one of the few situations, when those really matter for pretty obvious reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00